The Golden Opportunity Scholarship is Northeastern Illinois University’s new financial aid program that will cover up to the full cost of tuition and fees for incoming freshmen beginning Fall 2019. Take advantage of this opportunity to further your education and career aspirations. Northeastern will help you achieve your goals!
Golden Opportunity Scholarship Criteria
To be considered for the Golden Opportunity Scholarship, a prospective student must:
- Submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Be an Illinois resident who attended an Illinois high school
- Be admitted to Northeastern as an incoming full-time freshman
- Have an annual adjusted gross income of $61,000 or less
- Have a minimum high school academic GPA of 3.0 and maintain a minimum Northeastern academic GPA of 2.5 for the following three years
Read the Frequently Asked Questions about the Golden Opportunity Scholarship.
Apply for the Golden Opportunity Scholarship
To apply for the Scholarships, prospective students must follows these two easy steps:
Step 1: Apply to Northeastern
It’s so easy—apply online! Learn about our admission requirements, our programs and how to schedule a visit.
Step 2: Complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Be sure to include Northeastern’s school code 001693 on your FAFSA application.
Other Scholarship Opportunities
Whether or not you qualify for the Golden Opportunity Scholarship, Northeastern offers a range of scholarships to offset the cost of tuition, fees and other expenses associated with attending college. Scholarship criteria, applications, deadlines and award amounts vary per scholarship. Take a look and see which scholarships are a match for you!