Full Time Tenure-Track
Assistant Professor of Theatre - Emphasis in Theatrical Design and Technology
Department of Communication, Media and Theatre
The Department of Communication, Media and Theatre at Northeastern Illinois University invites applicants for a tenure-track Assistant Professor position in Theatre, with a specialization in lighting design, set design, or technical direction, to begin Fall 2016. The faculty member will design or technical direct two productions per semester, and teach courses in theatrical design related to area(s) of specialty, as well as Stagecraft, Advanced Stagecraft, Introduction to Theatre, and Theatre Practicum. The successful candidate will also be expected to develop and teach courses in computer aided drafting and rendering, digital media, and/or projection design. Successful candidates will be enthusiastic contributors to a healthy, active Department with a strong commitment to program development, teaching excellence, and the desire to engage both graduate and undergraduate students.
- M.F.A. or M.F.A./Ph.D. with primary strength in scenic design, lighting design, or technical direction
- Evidence of, or demonstrated potential for, artistic achievement in professional theatrical production design or technical direction.
- Evidence of, or demonstrated potential for, excellence in teaching
- Evidence of continuing creative work and/or research commensurate with earning tenure at NEIU
- Expertise in computer aided drafting and rendering
- Working knowledge of emerging design technologies and software
- Demonstrated success working in highly collaborative environments
- Demonstrated ability to build interdisciplinary and community partnerships
Interested applicants should send
- a letter of application
- curriculum vitae (including production experience)
- statement of teaching philosophy
- a production portfolio (web link, scanned, etc.)
- three confidential letters of reference (at least one addressing teaching effectiveness and one addressing production experience)
Send to :
Please include “Theatre Search” in the subject line of the email.
Review of applicants will begin November 15, 2015 and continue until position is filled.
Northeastern Illinois University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and invites applications from Women, Minorities, Veterans and Persons with Disabilities, as well as other qualified individuals. Northeastern Illinois University positions are contingent upon the University's receipt of its State of Illinois appropriation.