TRIO Upward Bound Math & Science
The Upward Bound Math and Science program is designed to strengthen the math and science skills of participating students in grades 9 through 12. We help students recognize and develop their potential in math and science, encouraging them to pursue postsecondary degrees in math and science, and to ultimately have careers in the field.
Our program serves low income, first generation students who are college bound with academic needs.
Our Innovation services include:
- After school Robotics team (competition)
- STEM academic enrichment, mentoring and tutoring
- Project based learning activities
- College Readiness (Match & Fit)
- 21st Century Skill development
- Mindset approaches to learning
- Civic engagement
- Conference and special events (Hour of Code, Girls that Make, STEAM Conference, and Robotics Week)
- Participation in local, regional and national conferences and presentations
The TRIO UBMS programs seeks to change the learning environment of our youth so they become successful professionals in our world.
If you are interested in joining the program, attending our activities, or seeing if your school is one of our partners, visit our UBMS webpage.