• Ph.D. Strategic Management, Washington State University
• M.M. Management & Strategy, Organizational Behavior, Public/Non-Profit Management, Northwestern University
• B.B.A. Accounting, University of Notre Dame
• Funk, C. A. & Kulik, B. W. 2012. Happily ever after: Toward a theory of late-stage group performance. Group and Organization Management, 37(1): 36-66.
• Funk, C. A., Arthurs, J., Trevino, L. & Joireman, J. 2010. Consumer animosity in the global value chain: The effect of international production shifts on willingness to purchase. Journal of International Business Studies, 41: 639-651.
• Trevino, L. J., Mixon Jr., F. G., Funk, C. A. & Inkpen, A. C. 2010. A perspective on the state of the field: International business publications in the elite journals as a measure of institutional and faculty productivity. International Business Review, 19(4): 378-387.
Dr. Charles Funk is an Assistant Professor of Management at the College of Business and Management, Northeastern Illinois University. He earned a B.B.A. in Accounting from the University of Notre Dame, a Master of Management degree from Northwestern University (Kellogg) and a Ph.D. in Strategic Management from Washington State University.
Dr. Funk currently teaches both the undergraduate and graduate strategy capstone courses at NEIU as well as undergraduate courses in management and organization theory. His prior teaching experience includes strategy, management and marketing principles, organizational behavior, human resource management, small business management and business introduction courses.
Dr. Funk’s research interests include country of origin effects in global integration strategies, international alliance formation, evolution and management, and efficient organizational growth and contraction. His research has been presented at Academy of Management annual conferences and has been published in the Journal of International Business Studies, Group and Organization Management and International Business Review. His work has been acknowledged with a recognition award from the College of Business and Management as well as a University research grant. Professor Funk also serves on the editorial board of the Journal of International Business Studies and is an ad hoc reviewer for the Journal of World Business and International Marketing Review.
Finally, Dr. Funk’s background includes over 22 years of Chicago-area business experience in both financial and operating positions, including finance vice-president of a start-up telecommunications company, product development financial manager of a $1 billion wireless communications company, controller of a $30 million food company, and financial coordinator of a $1 billion chemicals business unit.
5500 North St. Louis Avenue
Chicago, IL 60625