Caminos al Éxito is an initiative funded by the United States Department of Education (USDE) through a Title V Collaborative Grant.
Our aim is to close equity gaps connected to student success and retention. We seek to expand access to college by building a structure that engages, advises, and supports students and their families from participating grant partners.
- Northeastern Illinois University
- Wilbur Wright College
- 13 Chicago Public School (CPS) high schools:
(Amundsen, Foreman, Lakeview, Lane Tech, Mather, North Grand, Prosser, Roosevelt, Schurz, Senn, Steinmetz, Taft, Von Steuben)
- Connect high school students and their families in the target communities (shared by Wright and NEIU) to the local higher education system.
- Enhance the freshman and sophomore experience at Wright that will translate into degree attainment.
- Enhance the transfer experience between Wright and NEIU to provide students with a clear pathway between the two institutions.
- Support degree attainment at NEIU through third- and fourth-year career preparation support, especially in teacher preparation.