Applying to the IRB
Determine which type of IRB review applies to your research
Different levels and types of risk and/or different subject pools require different levels of review. Please see below for guidance on which type of review your project will require.
Research that requires Full Review
Appendices are required to be submitted with your application for research with certain subject pools:
- Appendix A: Use of School Classrooms
- Appendix B: Use of Children as Subjects
- Appendix C: Use of Prisoners as Subjects
- Appendix D: Use of Databases, DNA, Tissue, and/or Sample Banks
- Appendix E: Use of International Subjects
INFORMED CONSENT FORM:
Human Subjects Research at the Chicago Public Schools
If you are interested in conducting research in the Chicago Public Schools, a separate proposal must be submitted to the Chicago Public Schools Research Review Board (RRB) for review. Information about the CPS Research Review Board and its policies and procedures: cps.edu/research/Pages/Research.aspx
Questions about the application process? Contact the IRB Office at email@example.com or (773) 442-4675.