M.A Community and Teacher Leaders, June 2018
Northeastern Illinois University, College of Education, Chicago, Ill.
Course work includes: Education as a Social Institution, Critical Race Theory, The Urban World, Digital Literacy, Research Methods and Power, Communities and Change.
B.A. Women Studies Major, June 1999
Knox College, Galesburg, Ill.
McNair Fellow, Founding Cohort of Women Studies Major, Minor in Black Studies, President of Lo Nuestro Latina/o student organization, resident and founding committee member for the Islamic House.
Experienced educator, researcher and project manager with over 25 years of experience facilitating, designing and delivering within a diverse network of; K-12 schools, universities, and established neighborhood organizations throughout Chicago.
Facilitated: service-learning practicum for college of education
Designed: college/career pathways programing
Delivered: evidence-based healing-centered seminars with an inclusive collaborative design model
- Advisory Board for the Master of Arts in Community and Teacher Leaders, member
- The People’s Education Movement, Chicago, founding member
- Kuumba Lynx 2, YWLC’s performing arts collective, co- creative director
- Free Street Theater Company, writer and actor
- School Community Advisory Council, Gallistel Language Academy, committee member,
- Block Club, member
- South Chicago Advisory Committee, community member
Northeastern Illinois University
5500 North St. Louis Avenue
Chicago, IL 60625-4699