Congratulations to All August 2023 and Fall 2023 Graduates!
The Fall 2023 Master's Hooding Ceremony will be held on Tuesday, December 5, 2023, in the Northeastern Illinois University Auditorium. You are expected to arrive no later than 6-6:15 p.m.
An invitation will be sent to your NEIU email address from the College of Graduate Studies and Research with an RSVP link. The RSVP deadline is noon on Friday, November 17, 2023, but we ask that you RSVP as soon as you receive the invitation. It will help us with our planning for this event.
- All graduates participating in the Master's Hooding Ceremony MUST attend in the appropriate regalia (cap, gown, and hood).
- Regalia ordered online via the Jostens website by the Monday, October 30, 2023, deadline will be mailed directly to your home address. All inquiries regarding cap and gown orders must be directed to Josten’s.
- If you still need to purchase a cap and gown after the October 30, 2023 deadline, please visit the Welcome Desk located in Village Square between the hours of 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. M- F. Due to a very limited supply, not all sizes or hood colors are guaranteed in stock. So, do not wait until the last minute.
- There will be no regalia available to purchase the evening of the Ceremony.
Master's Hooding Ceremony GUEST TICKETS
- Guests (over the age of 3 years) will not be allowed in the Auditorium unless they have a ticket.
- Due to limited seating, graduating students participating in the Hooding Ceremony may request up to 2 (two) guest tickets each. Guest tickets will be offered until seating capacity is reached on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Graduates will have the opportunity to place their name on a waiting list to receive additional tickets should there be any remaining tickets available.
- Beginning Wednesday, October 18, 2023, tickets for your guests may be picked up between 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday from the College of Graduate Studies Office located on the lower level of Lech Walesa Hall, LWH 0041.
- Guest tickets will also be available for pick-up at the Commencement Resource Fair in Alumni Hall from 11 a.m.- 3 p.m. on Wednesday, November 1, 2023, and from 3-7 p.m. on Thursday, November 2 2023.
- The guest ticket pickup deadline is 4:30 p.m. on Friday, November 17, 2023.
After the Friday, November 17, 2023 guest ticket pickup deadline, if we have not reached seating capacity, we will distribute remaining tickets to our wait list and cannot guarantee the availability of your guest tickets if they have not been picked up. If you are unable to pick up your guest tickets, please call (773) 442-6011 or email us at email@example.com to make other arrangements.
Please note: Ticketing is separate for the Master's Hooding Ceremony and Commencement. You'll need to pick up tickets for each event if you plan on attending both. If you have questions about Commencement tickets, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (773) 442-4630.
THE DAY OF THE master's hooding CEREMONY
- Complimentary parking is available on the 3rd and 4th floors of the Parking Facility, which is marked as Building 16 on the NEIU Campus Map.
- Wear your gown and cap and bring your hood.
- Leave personal belongings in your vehicle or with your guests; the University is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Go to the check-in table located outside of the Auditorium to obtain your reader card which will feature your name and program. It will be used to announce your name as you walk across the stage.
- An usher will be available to escort you and your guests to the appropriate seating area. Your guest(s) will not sit with you during the ceremony.
- Due to the formality of this event, please tell your guests that if young children are unable to sit quietly during the ceremony, they are encouraged to step outside into the hallway out of courtesy to your fellow graduates.
- No balloons will be allowed inside the Auditorium.
Your participation in the master's hooding ceremony
Check this website and your NEIU email for more details.
- You will be seated with classmates from your program.
- Ushers will indicate when to go on stage.
- Take your reader card with you to the stage.
- Hand your reader card to the reader on stage.
- Walk to the center of the stage. You will be congratulated and hooded by your College’s Dean and the Graduate Dean. A professional photographer will take a photo of this celebratory moment.
- Continue to the other side of the stage for a photo with the NEIU’s president.
- Quietly return to your seat; an usher will be available to assist you.
- Out of courtesy to your fellow graduates, please stay in the Auditorium for the entire program.
- After the conclusion of the ceremony, the graduates will march out of the Auditorium (row-by-row, at the direction of an usher); guests will exit the Auditorium after all the graduates have processed out.
We encourage graduates, friends, and family to use the hashtag #NEIUgrad on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Don't forget to follow NEIU on Facebook and Instagram (@neiulife) and Twitter (@neiu)!
Contact the College of Graduate Studies and Research at (773) 442-6011 or email@example.com.