The Spring 2022 Master's Hooding Ceremony will be held on Monday, May 2, 2022. There will be two ceremonies. The first ceremony, for students graduating from programs in the Daniel L. Goodwin College of Education, will begin at 5:30 p.m. The second ceremony, for students graduating from programs in the College of Arts and Sciences and the College of Business and Technology, will be held at 7:30 p.m. Both ceremonies will be held in the Northeastern Illinois University Auditorium.
Special precautions will be taken to help ensure everyone’s safety:
- Students must successfully upload their COVID-19 vaccination and booster record to the NEIU Health Portal or have received an approved medical or religious exemption from Student Health Services, and provide a photo ID at check-in order to attend the Master’s Hooding Ceremony.
- Students who received a medical or religious exemption must show proof of an official negative COVID-19 test taken no less than 72 hours prior to May 2, 2022 in order to participate in the Ceremony.
- At this time, all students, guests, staff, faculty and other attendees will be required to wear a mask or face covering at all times for the duration of the Ceremony.
An invitation will be sent to your NEIU email address from the College of Graduate Studies and Research by March 25, 2022 with an RSVP link. The RSVP deadline is noon on April 18, 2022 but we ask that you RSVP as soon as you receive the invitation. It will help us with our planning for this event.
If you are planning to attend the Hooding Ceremony and Commencement, you must RSVP for both events.
- All graduates participating in the Master's Hooding Ceremony MUST attend in the appropriate regalia and wear a mask or face covering.
- Caps and gowns are now available for purchase directly on the Jostens website. All online orders will be mailed directly to your home address. The last day to place an online order is Thursday, April 7, 2022. No caps and gowns will be available for purchase at the Hooding Ceremony, so do not wait until the last minute.
- Please come to the Hooding Ceremony attired in your cap and gown (steamed or ironed) and bring your hood.
- No guests will be allowed in the Auditorium unless they have a ticket and wear a mask or face covering for the duration of the Ceremony.
- Due to limited seating, graduating students participating in the Hooding Ceremony may request up to 2 (two) guest tickets each. Guest tickets will be offered until seating capacity is reached on a first come, first served basis.
- Beginning Monday, March 28, 2022 through Monday, April 18, 2022, tickets for your guests may be picked up between 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (Monday – Friday) from the College of Graduate Studies Office located on the lower level of LWH, 0041. Guest tickets will also be available for pick up at the Commencement Resource Fair on Tuesday, April 19, 2022 at 3 – 7 p.m. and Wednesday, April 20, 2022 at 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. in Alumni Hall.
The deadline to pick up your guest tickets is Wednesday, April 20, 2022. After this deadline, if we have not reached seating capacity, we will distribute remaining tickets to our wait list and cannot guarantee the availability of your guest tickets if they have not been picked up. If you are unable to pick up your tickets, please call (773) 442-6011 or email us at email@example.com to make other arrangements.
THE DAY OF THE CEREMONY
- Arrive at the Auditorium no later than half an hour before your ceremony on Monday, May 2, 2022.
- Complimentary parking is available on the 3rd or 4th floor of the Parking Facility, which is marked as building 16 on the NEIU Campus Map.
- Wear your gown and cap and bring your hood.
- Leave personal belongings in your vehicle or with your guests – the University is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Go to the check-in table located outside of the Auditorium to obtain your reader card which will feature your name and program. It will be used to announce your name as you walk across the stage.
- An usher will be available to escort you and your guests to the appropriate seating area. Your guest(s) will not sit with you during the ceremony.
- Once the ceremony begins, an usher will guide your program on stage.
- Due to the formality of this event, please tell your guests that if young children are unable to sit quietly during the ceremony, they are encouraged to step outside into the hallway out of courtesy to your fellow graduates.
- No balloons will be allowed inside the Auditorium.
Check this website and your NEIU email for more details.
- Ushers will indicate when to go on stage.
- Take your reader card with you to the stage.
- Hand your reader card to the reader on stage.
- Walk to the center of the stage. You will be congratulated by your College’s Dean and the Graduate Dean. Our photographer will take a photo of this celebratory moment.
- Continue to the other side of the stage for a photo with the Northeastern Illinois University banner.
- Quietly return to your seat; an usher will be available to assist you.
- Out of courtesy to your fellow graduates, please stay in the Auditorium for the entire program.
After the conclusion of the ceremony, the graduates will march out of the Auditorium (row-by-row, at the direction of an usher); guests will exit the Auditorium after all the graduates have processed out.
We encourage graduates, friends, and family to use the hashtag #NEIUgrad on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Don't forget to follow NEIU on Facebook and Instagram (@neiulife) and Twitter (@neiu)!
Contact the College of Graduate Studies and Research at (773) 442-6011 or firstname.lastname@example.org.