Ph.D. Inorganic Chemistry, The Ohio State University (2014)
B.A. Chemistry and Integrated Science, Northwestern University (2009)
1. S. E. Brown-Xu, M. S. J. Kelley, K. A. Fransted, A. Chakraborty, G. C. Schatz, F. N. Castellano, L. X. Chen, Tunable Excited-State Properties and Dynamics as a Function of Pt-Pt Distance in Pyrazolate-Bridged Pt(II) Dimers, J. Phys. Chem. A, 2016, 120, 543-550.
2. B. Pandit, N. E. Jackson, T. Zheng, T. J. Fauvell, E. F. Manley, M. Orr, S. E. Brown-Xu, L. Yu, L. X. Chen, Molecular Structure Controlled Transitions between Free-Charge Generation and Trap Formation in a Conjugated Copolymer Series, J. Phys. Chem. C, 2016, 120, 4189-4198.
3. N. D. Bernadino, S. E. Brown-Xu, T. L. Gustafson, D. L. A. De Faria, Time-Resolved Spectroscopy of Indigo and of a Maya Blue Simulant, J. Phys. Chem. C, 2016, 120, 21905-21914.
4. S. E. Brown-Xu, M. H. Chisholm, T. F. Spilker, Photophysical Studies of Metal to Ligand Charge Transfer Involving Quadruply Bonded Complexes of Molybdenum and Tungsten, Acc. Chem. Res., 2015, 48, 877-885.
5. S. H. Porter, Z. Huang, S. Dou, S. E. Brown-Xu, A. T. Sarwar, R. C. Myers, P. M. Woodward, Electronic Structure and Photocatalytic Water Oxidation Activity of RTiNO2 (R = Ce, Pr, and Nd) Perovskite Nitride Oxides, Chem. Mater., 2015, 27, 2414-2420.
6. S. E. Brown-Xu, M. H. Chisholm, C. B. Durr, T. L. Gustafson, T. F. Spilker, Photophysical Properties of cis-Mo2 Quadruply Bonded Complexes and Observation of Photoinduced Electron Transfer to Titanium Dioxide, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2014, 136, 11428-11435.
7. S. E. Brown-Xu, M. H. Chisholm, C. B. Durr, T. L. Gustafson, and T. F. Spilker, Synthesis, Characterization, and Photophysical Properties of an N,N-Chelated Re(CO)3Cl Unit and its Interaction with the Mo2 Quadruple Bond, J. Phys. Chem. A, 2013, 117, 5997-6006.
S. E. Brown-Xu, M. H. Chisholm, T. L. Gustafson, Studies on Electron Transfer from Dimolybdenum Photosensitizers Through Time-Resolved Spectroscopy, Inter-American Photochemistry Society Conference (Sarasota, FL, January 2014).
2017 - Present Assistant Professor of Chemistry at Northeastern Illinois University
2016 Adjunct Professor of Chemistry at Harold Washington Community College
2014 - 2017 Postdoctoral Fellow at Northwestern University
National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship (2009)
National Defense Science and Engineering Graduate Fellowship (2009)
5500 N. St. Louis Ave.
Chicago, IL 60625