THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING THE ILLINOIS WRITING PROJECT
Who we are
The Illinois Writing Project helps teachers employ the best of what is known about writers and writing. We are experienced educators building the strength of students and teachers as learners and writers. Our transformative, sustainable professional development helps teachers guide students to write with thoughtfulness, skill, and enjoyment.
What we do – and what your contribution supports
Throughout the year we provide highly valued programs to elevate writing in Chicago area schools and communities. Your support helps to enable the following needed educational efforts:
- Professional development for educators in schools and districts across the metro Chicago area that has shown proven increases in students’ writing ability
- Summer Institutes, workshops, and conferences for teachers on Writing Pedagogy, Social-Emotional Learning and Writing, and Technology and Writing
- Write Across Chicago, a month-long program to celebrate writing through small writing groups in schools, library branches, offices, and community organizations throughout the city
- Wonder Writers Writing Clubs for students in Chicago schools
- The Writing Palooza, a day-long festival of writing workshops for young people every spring
- Speakers and Special Events on Writing
We deeply appreciate your help!