Mental Health and Wellness Services for Students
Reaching your academic goals can be difficult if you are suffering from emotional distress, relationship difficulties and other concerns. Counseling and therapy enable you to understand and deal with those issues. It can free you to make clearer and healthier decisions.
You can use counseling to explore personal problems in your life such as:
- Suicidal thoughts
- Sexual assault and abuse
- Grief and loss
- Relationship concerns
- and many other difficulties that may cause stress and disrupt your life.
Explore the information on this site to learn more about:
- how counseling might help you
- how to refer someone else to a counselor
- how to find help off-campus
Use the links on the left for other services offered on campus.
Counseling services are available to currently registered NEIU students. We provide short-term treatment and the number of individual or couples therapy sessions are determined in collaboration with the therapist. Group counseling services are available to Northeastern students without session limits. Discuss details of this policy with your counselor.
When our office is open, call NEIU's Counseling Services (773) 442-4650 to speak with a counselor here on campus. During fall and spring semesters, our hours are Mon-Thur 9 am-6 pm (after 5pm is by appointment only), Fri 9 am-4 pm.
How to contact us: Call us at (773) 442-4650 Visit us in room D 024
For immediate assistance...
- Call NEIU's Counseling Services (773) 442-4650 to speak to/make an appointment with a counselor here on campus. During normal semesters, our hours are Mon-Thur 9 am-6 pm, Fri 9 am-4 pm.
- Call Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center Crisis Line (773) 296-5380
- Call your local hospital emergency room.
- Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255), en Español 1-888-628-9454.
Noteworthy at Northeastern: A speaker for Commencement
2 days agoIt’s only February, but we’re already preparing for Commencement in May with the announcement of a world-renowned speaker. Read about Evan Wolfson, the University’s newest…
Evan Wolfson to be Commencement speaker
3 days agoVanguard gay and lesbian civil rights leader Evan Wolfson will be Northeastern Illinois University’s May 2016 Commencement speaker. During the ceremony, Wolfson will be awarded…
Department of Earth Science awarded National Science Foundation grant
4 days agoNortheastern Illinois University’s Department of Earth Science, in collaboration with Northern Illinois University, has been awarded a $474,000 grant from the National Science Foundation to…