Mental Health and Wellness Services for Students
Reaching your academic goals can be difficult if you are suffering from emotional distress, relationship difficulties and personal concerns. Counseling and therapy enable you to understand and deal with those issues. It can free you to make clearer and healthier decisions.
You can use counseling to explore personal problems in your life such as:
- Suicidal thoughts
- Relationship problems
- and many other difficulties that may cause stress and disrupt your life.
Explore the information on this site to learn more about:
- how counseling might help you
- how to refer someone else to a counselor
- how to find help off-campus.
Use the links on the left for other services offered on campus.
Counseling services are available to currently registered NEIU students. We provide short-term treatment and the number of individual or couples therapy sessions are determined in collaboration with the therapist. Group counseling services are available to Northeastern students without session limits. Discuss details of this policy with your counselor.
When our office is open, call NEIU's Counseling Services (773) 442-4650 to speak with a counselor here on campus. During fall and spring semesters, our hours are Mon-Thur 9 am-6 pm (after 5pm is by appointment only), Fri 9 am-4 pm.
How to contact us: Call us at (773) 442-4650 Visit us in room D 024
For immediate assistance...
- Call NEIU's Counseling Services (773) 442-4650 to speak to/make an appointment with a counselor here on campus. During normal semesters, our hours are Mon-Thur 9 am-6 pm, Fri 9 am-4 pm.
- Call Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center Crisis Line (773) 296-5380
- Call your local hospital emergency room.
- Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255), en Español 1-888-628-9454.
Northeastern nominates Lincoln Academy Student Laureate
15 hours agoNortheastern Illinois University has nominated Emma Battaglia as the Northeastern 2014 Lincoln Academy Student Laureate. Battaglia, a senior majoring in Economics and Elementary Education, is vice…
Noteworthy at Northeastern: Reunion rewind
21 hours agoThis just in to the Northeastern Illinois University newsroom: Legendary broadcaster Bill Kurtis headlined the 2014 Alumni Reunion. We’ve got details on his lecture and…
‘Let me be an example’
3 days agoRachel Hall’s story could be one of sadness and tragedy. She endured a troubled childhood in Columbus, Ohio. She’s been a homeless mother. And in 2005,…