Mental Health and Wellness Services for Students
Reaching your academic goals can be difficult if you are suffering from emotional distress, relationship difficulties and other concerns. Counseling and therapy enable you to understand and deal with those issues. It can free you to make clearer and healthier decisions.
You can use counseling to explore personal problems in your life such as:
- Suicidal thoughts
- Relationship problems
- and many other difficulties that may cause stress and disrupt your life.
Explore the information on this site to learn more about:
- how counseling might help you
- how to refer someone else to a counselor
- how to find help off-campus
Use the links on the left for other services offered on campus.
Counseling services are available to currently registered NEIU students. We provide short-term treatment and the number of individual or couples therapy sessions are determined in collaboration with the therapist. Group counseling services are available to Northeastern students without session limits. Discuss details of this policy with your counselor.
When our office is open, call NEIU's Counseling Services (773) 442-4650 to speak with a counselor here on campus. During fall and spring semesters, our hours are Mon-Thur 9 am-6 pm (after 5pm is by appointment only), Fri 9 am-4 pm.
How to contact us: Call us at (773) 442-4650 Visit us in room D 024
For immediate assistance...
- Call NEIU's Counseling Services (773) 442-4650 to speak to/make an appointment with a counselor here on campus. During normal semesters, our hours are Mon-Thur 9 am-6 pm, Fri 9 am-4 pm.
- Call Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center Crisis Line (773) 296-5380
- Call your local hospital emergency room.
- Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255), en Español 1-888-628-9454.
Noteworthy at Northeastern: Rainbow edition
2 days agoAs an institution committed to diversity, Northeastern Illinois University celebrated last week’s Supreme Court ruling on gay marriage. We’ve got more on Northeastern’s celebration, plus…
Rep. Gutierrez to attend DAPA info session at Northeastern
2 days agoU.S. Rep. Luis Gutierrez will attend a Deferred Action for Parental Accountability (DAPA) information session at Northeastern Illinois University on Saturday, July 11. The event…
Noteworthy at Northeastern: Meet the newly tenured faculty members
Friday, June 26, 2015Congratulations to 16 newly tenured members of the Northeastern Illinois University faculty! We’ve got the details and bios to mark the accomplishment, plus news on…