Mental Health and Wellness Services for Students
Reaching your academic goals can be difficult if you are suffering from emotional distress, relationship difficulties and other concerns. Counseling and therapy enable you to understand and deal with those issues. It can free you to make clearer and healthier decisions.
You can use counseling to explore personal problems in your life such as:
- Suicidal thoughts
- Sexual assault and abuse
- Grief and loss
- Relationship concerns
- and many other difficulties that may cause stress and disrupt your life.
Explore the information on this site to learn more about:
- how counseling might help you
- how to refer someone else to a counselor
- how to find help off-campus
Use the links on the left for other services offered on campus.
Counseling services are available to currently registered NEIU students. We provide short-term treatment and the number of individual or couples therapy sessions are determined in collaboration with the therapist. Group counseling services are available to Northeastern students without session limits. Discuss details of this policy with your counselor.
When our office is open, call NEIU's Counseling Services (773) 442-4650 to speak with a counselor here on campus. During fall and spring semesters, our hours are Mon-Thur 9 am-6 pm (after 5pm is by appointment only), Fri 9 am-4 pm.
How to contact us: Call us at (773) 442-4650 Visit us in room D 024
For immediate assistance...
- Call NEIU's Counseling Services (773) 442-4650 to speak to/make an appointment with a counselor here on campus. During normal semesters, our hours are Mon-Thur 9 am-6 pm, Fri 9 am-4 pm.
- Call Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center Crisis Line (773) 296-5380
- Call your local hospital emergency room.
- Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255), en Español 1-888-628-9454.
Richard J. Helldobler named Interim President of Northeastern
2 days agoThe Northeastern Illinois University Board of Trustees on July 26, 2016, announced the appointment by unanimous vote of Provost Richard J. Helldobler as Interim President of the…
Northeastern to host 2016 Chicago Chamber Music Festival
2 days agoNortheastern Illinois University will host the Chicago Chamber Music Festival (CCMF) from July 30 through Aug. 6. CCMF is a one-week summer immersion program for talented young…
Marie Ross to perform as part of Chicago Historical Clarinet Workshop
3 days agoMarie Ross will perform in the Recital Hall on Northeastern’s Main Campus on August 8, 9 and 10 at 7:30 p.m. as part of the…