Mental Health and Wellness Services for Students
Reaching your academic goals can be difficult if you are suffering from emotional distress, relationship difficulties and personal concerns. Counseling and therapy enable you to understand and deal with those issues. It can free you to make clearer and healthier decisions.
You can use counseling to explore personal problems in your life such as:
- Suicidal thoughts
- Relationship problems
- and many other difficulties that may cause stress and disrupt your life.
Explore the information on this site to learn more about:
- how counseling might help you
- how to refer someone else to a counselor
- how to find help off-campus.
Use the links on the left for other services offered on campus.
Counseling services are available to currently registered NEIU students. We provide short-term treatment and the number of individual or couples therapy sessions are determined in collaboration with the therapist. Group counseling services are available to Northeastern students without session limits. Discuss details of this policy with your counselor.
When our office is open, call NEIU's Counseling Services (773) 442-4650 to speak with a counselor here on campus. During fall and spring semesters, our hours are Mon-Thur 9 am-6 pm (after 5pm is by appointment only), Fri 9 am-4 pm.
How to contact us: Call us at (773) 442-4650 Visit us in room D 024
For immediate assistance...
- Call NEIU's Counseling Services (773) 442-4650 to speak to/make an appointment with a counselor here on campus. During normal semesters, our hours are Mon-Thur 9 am-6 pm, Fri 9 am-4 pm.
- Call Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center Crisis Line (773) 296-5380
- Call your local hospital emergency room.
- Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255), en Español 1-888-628-9454.
Northeastern plans events to honor veterans
2 hours agoNortheastern Illinois University will honor our nation’s veterans at a ceremony on Veterans Day, Nov. 11. President Sharon Hahs will address guests at the 10:30 a.m.…
Northeastern Vice President wins NASPA service award
2 days agoNortheastern Illinois University Vice President for Student Affairs Frank E. Ross will receive the 2014 Outstanding Service to NASPA Award for Region IV-East. The award is…
Northeastern professor, alum to present at gerontology conference
3 days agoNortheastern Illinois University Psychology professor Masami Takahashi and recent graduate Cathy Samatas (M.A. Gerontology ’13) will present their research at the Gerontological Society of America…