Summer 2016 Building Hours (5/16/16 through 8/15/16):
Monday - Friday: 8 a.m - 6 p.m
Saturday - Sunday: Closed
Summer 2016 Administrative Office Hours (SU 207)
Monday - Friday: 8:30 a.m - 4:30 p.m
Saturday - Sunday: Closed
Spring 2016 Building Hours (1/4/16 through 5/6/16):
Monday through Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
**Closed Saturday and Sunday**
Administrative office hours - Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. (SU 207)
Like the Student Union on Facebook!
Welcome to your Student Union!
The NEIU Student Union serves as a destination for students, faculty, staff, and visitors in many ways. We strive to help our guests relax, connect, learn, and grow from our quality programming, art exhibitions, and a wide variety of other services.
Our programs are created, developed and produced by students. Some successful and entertaining programs include: NEIU Top Chef, the Student Showcase, and NestFest. Be sure to look for other exciting events throughout the year.
The Main Floor
- The main floor of the Student Union offers many areas for relaxing, conversing, and learning.
- The Reading Room is available to all for quiet study.
- Alumni Hall can hold large scale events, accommodate hundreds of guests, and houses many well-produced gatherings.
- The Golden Eagles room provides a space for more formal gatherings in an intimate setting.
- The Information Center, located on the edge of the Student Union, provides a variety of services to our University and surrounding community.
- Located in the lower level, the cafeteria caters to the daily demands of the university community, while offering plenty of seating for our guests to congregate.
The Second Floor
- On the second floor you can find a variety of meeting rooms, available to reserve for student organizations, faculty, staff, and visitors.
- Our “Relaxation and Mediation Room” in SU-219, serves as a destination to relax, clear your thoughts, and reflect. This room is available to all students on a walk-in basis.
- You will also find a variety of traveling art exhibits that make their way to the concourse of the second floor.
- The main office of Student Union, Event, & Conference Services is located in SU-207, and is there to coordinate all of your reservation and event needs. The office is open 8am – 8pm Mon-Fri.
The Student Union is a bustling hub of activity that serves our diverse community, dedicated students, and skilled professionals. It is a reflection of each of the core values of our institution – Integrity, Excellence, Access to Opportunity, Diversity, Community, and Empowerment Through Learning - and is operated by a large pool of skilled, caring employees who are here to meet your needs.
We look forward to seeing you in the Student Union!
Memories are made here!
Noteworthy at Northeastern: Props to the profs
3 days agoAward season continues at Northeastern Illinois University. Find out which faculty members are earning accolades, taking students to Europe and delivering on a pledge to…
Ana Gil-Garcia earns two hometown awards
4 days agoCalling the experience “magic and priceless,” Northeastern Illinois University Professor of Educational Leadership and Development Ana Gil-Garcia has been honored by her hometown in Venezuela…
Saba Ayman-Nolley wins Northeastern faculty research scholarship
5 days agoSaba Ayman-Nolley, professor and chair of the Department of Psychology, has won the 2015-16 Janet Lerner Faculty Research Scholarship Award, Vice President for Institutional Advancement…