Thank you for your interest in the TRIO Student Support Services Program (SSS) here at Northeastern Illinois University. TRIO has a proven record of accomplishment! As an active member you are twice as likely to remain in college and graduate as those students from similar backgrounds who did not become TRIO members. By actively participating in TRIO, you will meet Northeastern academic expectations while also fulfilling your educational, career, and personal goals. As an active member you are entitled to a variety of free, targeted, and specialized services. Here’s information on those and the most frequently asked questions.
What are the services and benefits?
- Assessment targeting learning styles, strengths, study skills, personality type, and career pathways
- Advisement assistance with your academic program, career exploration, and individual concerns
- Assistance with understanding financial aid and scholarship processes
- Individual and group tutoring
- Academic and personal success workshops
- Cultural enrichment activities - plays, museums, speakers, etc.
Who is eligible to join TRIO?
Any student enrolled or accepted for enrollment at Northeastern who is a citizen or legal resident the U.S. or meets residency requirements for federal student financial aid AND meets at least ONE of the following requirements:
- First generation college student (neither parent/guardian graduated from a 4-year college)
- Qualifying taxable income (variable standard set annually by the federal government)
- Individual with a documented disability
Do you fit any of these criteria? Then, please complete the application form (insert link to PDF to the application):
How do I apply?
- Complete a TRIO Application:
- Send your application: Deliver to room LIB-412 (Library 4th floor) Send to:
TRIO Student Support Services
Northeastern Illinois University
5500 North St. Louis Avenue
Chicago, Illinois 60625-4699
3. Schedule an interview:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (773)442-4971 or (773)442-4981 with your availability