Services include individualized advising, one-to-one and group tutoring, mentoring, financial guidance, and academic, career, and personal support. TRIO’s high advisor-to-student ratio and customized education plans assure faculty that students accessing TRIO services receive timely academic interventions. Faculty may make referrals at any time during the semester.
TRIO assigns an academic advisor to all participants. The advisor provides:
- Holistic advising that supports your academic, social, and personal development
- Support in creating a Student Success Plan every semester
- Priority Registration
- Assistance in course selection tracked toward graduation
- Support in selecting a major and choosing a career path
- Assistance in applying to graduate school, if desired
- Help in resume writing and scholarship essays
TRIO offers tutoring in math, writing, and reading, the Illinois Test of Academic Proficiency (Basic Skills Test), and selected content areas.
We offer software such as Rosetta Stone (Spanish), Dragon Naturally Speaking, and other programs to support student learning.
Student may also check out laptops and iPads for use in the Library.
Workshops & Activities
TRIO provide academic, financial, career, and personal development workshops and activities throughout the year. Topics include:
- Study Skills
- Test of Academic Proficiency (Basic Skills Test)
- Financial Planning
- Organization and Time Management
- Stress Reduction
- Career Development
- The Way to Happiness
- Annual Leadership Summit
- Business Etiquette
TRIO also financially supports students to attend workshops offered outside the university community. Contact your TRIO advisor to learn more.
Every fall and spring semester, TRIO awards 24 participation scholarships. Scholarships are awarded based on financial need and level of participation. Contact your TRIO advisor to learn more.