Congratulations! You or your student organization has decided to donate its time, energy and talents towards a service project off campus. It is students like you that truly represent the spirit of Northeastern in the community.
For Individual Students Looking to Volunteer
If you need help finding a service site, contact Rae Joyce Baguilat at (773) 442-4686 to set up an appointment. Bring the following to your appointment:
- An updated resume
- An idea of what type of issue you would like to work on
- A realistic estimate of your schedule – For instance, can you volunteer 4 hours a week? 4 hours a month. Knowing that information will help you find the right fit for you.
For Groups Looking to Volunteer
Student groups (organizations, classes, etc.) who need assistance finding a service site should contact Rae Joyce Baguilat at (773) 442-4686. Rae Joyce will meet with a representative from your group at a scheduled face-to-face appointment to discuss your ideas, goals and a timeline. To make the process smoother, you should bring the following with you to your appointment:
- Your timeline of when you would like to do the service day (Note: The more time you have to plan your event, the better. Ideally, 2-3 months in advance is the minimum)
- An idea of what type of issue you would like to work on (Examples: homelessness, food drive, park clean up, blood drive, etc.)
- An estimate of the amount of volunteers that will be attending your day (Note: Some organizations can only host a limited number of volunteers)
- Flexibility! Your first site choice may not be available, may not be able to accommodate your group size or may be booked for the date you originally chose. You may need to reconsider some of the plans you have to realistically pursue your service day.
Volunteer Opportunity Resources
If you would rather do some research on your own before your appointment, check out these sites that list volunteer opportunities: