How to Apply for Services and Student Accomadations
To obtain eligibility to receive reasonable accommodations through Student Disability Services, students will need to follow the Accommodation Process.
Exam Appointment Request Form
Appointments CANNOT be made the night before and the day the exam is being given. Students who schedule during these times must consult with faculty to get an approved alternate testing date. Also, students must give SDS a forty-eight (48) hour window of time to schedule their exams. Students who are unable to complete exams by the close of the business day (the last time to take an exam is at 2:30pm) must make arrangements with SDS and their instructors to test at an earlier time.
Individuals who need assistance filling out this form should contact SDS at SDS@neiu.edu or 773-442-4595.
- Blind/Visual Services
- Deaf/Hard-of-Hearing Services
- Learning Disabilities
- Physical Disabilities
Services Not Provided
- Psychological Testing to Determine Learning Disabilities
- Personal Assistance or Attendant Care Needed for Eating, Walking, or Using the bathroom
- Orientation and Mobility Training for Visually Impaired or Blind Students
- Transportation to and from School
- Guide dogs
- Hearing Aids