SEEDS Literary and Visual Arts Journal accepts anything from poetry to prose, to sculptures and photography. SEEDS hopes to provide a medium through which the members of the University community can showcase their talents in the visual and literary arts. We are the avenue to diversity in artistry; it is embraced and encouraged.
We are dedicated to fostering inter-community collaboration among those with a vested interest in the arts, in an effort to empower writers and artists.
We aim to help aspiring writers and visual artists in the NEIU community and beyond, whether it is your first time submitting or your tenth time.
We hope that you will continue to submit to SEEDS beyond your time at NEIU.
Phone: (773) 442-4582
Office: E 043
(In the student lounge under Follet Bookstore, near Student Health Services.)
Submit to SEEDS
To submit, please email firstname.lastname@example.org using the following guidelines.You will receive a receipt that we have received your submissions and they have met the criteria.
These guidelines are used to ensure:
1) a blind reading of ALL submissions
2) your submission is received and the correct editor receives it
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: January 31, 2019
We do not accept mailed/hard copies of submissions. You may submit original works of fiction, non-fiction, poetry, hybrid and visual arts.
One submission per an email thread, with a cover sheet for each SEEDS submission.
- EMAIL SUBJECT: (1) type of submission (fiction, non-fiction, poetry, hybrid, visual arts) and (2) your name. This is used for filing purposes. A name should appear only on the cover sheet and in the email subject.
- COVER SHEET: (1) full name (2) pen name, (3) contact info, (4) major/minor (5) and biography.
- BIOGRAPHY: This biography can include occupation, commentary on your work, inspiration, artistic history, awards and upcoming projects or any other pertinent info. It should be no less than 300 words and written in third person.