SEEDS Literary & Visual Arts Journal accepts anything from poetry to prose, to sculptures and photography. SEEDS hopes to provide a medium through which the members of the University community can showcase their talents in the visual and literary arts. We are the avenue to diversity in artistry; it is embraced and encouraged.
We are dedicated to fostering inter-community collaboration among those with a vested interest in the arts, in an effort to empower writers and artists.
We aim to help aspiring writers and visual artists in the NEIU community and beyond, whether it is your first time submitting or your tenth time.
We hope that you will continue to submit to SEEDS beyond your time at NEIU.
Phone: (773) 442-4582
Office: E 035
(In the lounge under Follet Bookstore, just beyond Student Health Services.)
To submit, please email SEEDS.NEIU@gmail.com using the following guidelines.You will receive a receipt that we have received your submissions and they have met the criteria.
These guidelines are used to ensure:
1) a blind reading of ALL submissions
2) your submission is received and the correct editor receives it
SUBMISSION DEADLINE TBA
SEEDS will notify all applicants who are published four weeks after the deadline.
We do not accept mailed/hard copies of submissions.
You may submit up to three pieces from each category (fiction, non-fiction, poetry and visual arts).
Up to three pieces will be published by any artist/writer.
One submission per an email thread, with a cover sheet for each SEEDS submission.
- EMAIL SUBJECT: (1) type of submission (fiction, non-fiction, poetry, visual arts) and (2) your name. This is used for filing purposes. A name should appear only on the cover sheet and in the email subject.
- COVER SHEET: (1) full name (2) pen name, (3) contact info, (4) major/minor (5) and biography.
- BIOGRAPHY: This biography can include occupation, commentary on your work, inspiration, artistic history, awards and upcoming projects or any other pertinent info. It should be no less than 300 words and written in third person.
We will offer assistance if you need help writing a biography, but we must receive the request at least a week before the deadline.
SEEDS reserves the right to edit your biography and may choose to omit or rearrange sentences.
If you interesting in finding out more about SEEDS, email: email@example.com