Living Arrangement Questions
What appliances are included in each unit?
- All units include a full-size refrigerator, stove, oven, microwave, and dishwasher.
Are stoves gas or electric?
- They are electric.
What furniture is included in each unit?
- All units are furnished with a leather-style sofa, coffee table, kitchen table with chairs, desks, desk chairs, full-sized bed, and dressers.
What utilities are included in the cost of housing?
- The utilities included are: cable, Internet, heat, air-conditioning, trash and waste disposal, water, and electricity (up to a monthly cap).
What is the electricity cap?
- The electricity cap varies per floor plan.
Are laundry facilities on site?
- Yes, laundry facilities are located on site.
What size are the beds?
- All beds are full-sized.
Will the units have cable?
- Yes, cable television service is provided for all residents living at The Nest. Residents are responsible for bringing their own television, as well as coaxial cable.
Will there be Ethernet connections in each unit?
- Yes, there will be an Ethernet connections in each unit.
Are vacuums provided in The Nest?
- Residents are responsible for bringing their own vacuum to The Nest.
Who is responsible for maintaining the condition of my unit?
- Residents are responsible for maintaining the condition of their units. Resident Assistants will check each unit regularly to ensure proper upkeep of the unit. Under no circumstance are residents to perform repairs. All repairs must be made by The Nest maintenance team. Residents can pick up a request form from their resident assistant or the front office.
Can students remove furniture from their units?
- No. Residents must keep their furniture in their units and return furniture to their original location upon move-out.
Are pets allowed?
- Pets of any kind (permanent, temporary, or visiting) are not allowed on The Nest premises to maintain facility conditions. The Nest will allow therapy animals with the completion of the appropriate approval process through The Nest and Student Disability Services.
Can I get mail and packages when I live at The Nest?
- Residents can receive mail and packages at the Nest. Residents will be able to pick up their parcels in the mail room. Oversized pieces can be retrieved from the front desk.
Is there a maintenance staff at The Nest?
- The Nest will have professional maintenance staff available around the clock for emergencies.
Will my unit be inspected?
- Yes, resident units will regularly be inspected to ensure that unit condition is well-maintained.
Who is responsible for resident property?
- Residents are responsible for their property as well as property of The Nest in their unit. The Nest assumes no responsibility for damages or lost property of residents and/or their guests.
What is the guest policy?
- Residents may have guests with appropriate permissions, up to two consecutive nights, up to four times per year, per guest. Residents are responsible for obtaining permission from their roommates and facility managers. They are also responsible for guest behavior while at The Nest.
Can you help me with a special need?
- If you or your student are seeking special accommodations (ADA, gender-neutral housing assignments, etc.), please indicate on your lease application that you would like special accommodations. If you have any questions about accommodations, please contact The Nest Leasing Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (773) 442-4663.
What type of activities will happen at The Nest?
- Activities at the Nest will focus on interpersonal growth, life management, and academic success. Resident Assistants will provide engaging programming that is both entertaining and enriching for college students.
How will The Nest contact me with updates?
- The Nest will send periodic updates and information primarily via email, although some materials may arrive through the U.S. postal service. We encourage all students to keep The Nest informed if their contact information changes.
What if I want a smoke-free environment?
- By state law, all Northeastern Illinois University property is smoke-free. Please refer to the Smoke-Free University policy.