Application and Lease Agreement Questions
Am I eligible to apply for Student Housing?
- All students admitted to Northeastern Illinois University are eligible to apply. Undergraduate students enrolled with at least 12 credit hours and graduate students enrolled with at least 9 credit hours will be given preference.
How much does it cost to apply for Student Housing?
- Applicants must pay a $50 non-returnable application fee and a $250 security deposit. The security deposit is refundable assuming the unit is in good condition upon move-out.
When can I apply for Student Housing?
- Students can apply now. Please note that only students who have already been admitted to Northeastern Illinois University will be eligible to apply. Students are encouraged to sign up as soon as possible as housing is limited and not guaranteed.
How much will Student Housing at The Nest cost?
- See current rates and floor plans.
What are the payment due dates?
- The first payment is due August 1, 2016, and the second payment is due December 1, 2016. These payments cover housing for August 21, 2016, through August 13, 2017.
What is a Financial Aid Deferral Agreement?
- The Financial Aid Deferral Agreement allows residents who receive financial aid to delay their housing payments until their aid becomes available. Residents who know that their financial aid award will cover housing costs should complete this deferral agreement form when they sign their lease contracts. Once the Financial Aid Deferral Agreement is submitted, a resident will have until October 15, 2016, to pay the first installment and until March 15, 2017, to pay the second installment. This agreement will be available in Spring 2016. All students are responsible for payment regardless of award.
Do I need a guarantor to sign a Lease Agreement?
- Yes. Regardless of age or classification, all residents of The Nest must provide a Guarantor (the person who will financially guarantee the lease) to co-sign the financial obligation noted in the Lease Agreement in the event that the resident fails to appropriately meet the contract requirements.