We are here to support you with your career goals.
We encourage students to explore jobs in real-world settings, through occupational research and informational interviews, job shadowing, volunteering opportunities, and internships.
We can help you find internship opportunities to explore career options. We offer resume critiquing, interview preparation, and workshops to polish your professional skills. We keep you informed on the job market by offering listserv notices, a Facebook page, and listings of on- and off-campus job fairs. (See the Quick Links at the bottom for some useful websites to assist you in your job/internship search.)
Prepare For Your Job Search by Checking Out the Following Handouts :
- Job Search Tool Kit
- Investigating Potential Careers
- Research Companies and Organizations Ahead of Time
- Elevator Speech
- Guide to Writing Cover Letters
- Guide to Writing an Effective Resume
- Resume Checklist
- Writing Professional Summaries
- Reference Page
- Applying Transferable Skills: Skills gained from Coursework and other Experiences
- Informational Interview
- Employer Information You Should Know Prior to an Interview
- Interview Questions You May Be Asked
- Answering the Question "Tell Me About Yourself"
- Asking Questions at the End
- Post Interview Thank You Letter
- Follow Up to Job Interview
- Writing an Acceptance Letter
- Declining an Acceptance Letter
- Factors to Consider When Targeting and Evaluating Job Offers
Writing A Resignation Letter
What is a Career Vitae (CV)
We look forward to the opportunity to assist you with your career goals.