Queer Student Leadership Institute (QSLI) is a six-week initiative comprised of leadership and social justice training hosted by the Angelina Pedroso Center. Throughout the QSLI program, students will explore questions related to LGBTQ+ identities, community building, and leadership.
This program is intended for LGBTQ+ students. Allies are welcome to apply.
spring 2020 cohort meeting time
The training will be held every Wednesday from 5:40-6:55 p.m. beginning Jan. 29 to March 11 in the Pedroso Center.
Note: No meeting on Wednesday, Feb. 12, due to University closure in observance of Lincoln's Birthday.
- Develop leadership skills and capacity to advocate for the NEIU's LGBTQ+ community
- Make a positive impact on the University community
- Identify a personal leadership style or leadership philosophy
- Apply their understanding of social inquiry and intersectionality to their future endeavors after QSLI
Eligibility criteria & requirements
To be considered for the QSLI, students must:
- Be interested in promoting the LGBTQ+ community and advocating for social justice
- A member of the LGBTQ+ community
- Allies are welcome to apply. However, the content is primarily geared towards LGBTQ+ students
- Maintain good academic standing
- Be enrolled at NEIU at the time of application and during the Spring 2020 semester
- Be available for weekly training during the Spring 2020 semester from 5:40-6:55 p.m. on Wednesdays beginning Jan. 29 to March 11, 2020. No meeting on Wednesday, Feb. 12 due to University closure in observance of Lincoln's Birthday
Register online by Tuesday, Jan. 7, 2020.
For more information, contact Dear Aunaetitrakul at email@example.com.