Lactation Room (B 183) Policy:
This room is being made available for NEIU students, staff and faculty. It is to be used by women to express milk or nurse. This is the ONLY approved use of this room. Thus, it is not permitted to use the room for other purposes. Any person wishing to use the room should contact the Pedroso Center Front Desk (Main Campus, B 159) at (773) 442-5449 to arrange access and agree to the terms and conditions of use.
Pedroso Book Checkout Policy:
After sorting through years of generous book donations and intentional purchases, the Angelina Pedroso Center is relaunching the Research Center this coming 2018-19 academic year. The Research Center consists of 555 books and 143 DVDs. The books range in genres, such as autobiographies, fiction novels, and children’s literature. Subject matter also ranges in topics, such as race, gender, sexuality, ethnicity, class, intersectionality and much more. The Research Center is rooted in the mission of the Pedroso Center which aims to educate, empower, and retain students from all backgrounds, as well as NEIU’s mission by providing an exceptional environment for learning. This summer project was a significant undertaking and we would like to thank Gisella Milla for her intentional work and research which made the relaunch possible. The Research Center is located in Building B, Room 159 and the larger community of students, staff, and faculty are encouraged to visit the Center to check out books. We also invite community members to review the policy for book checkouts below.
Please note that checking out books from the Pedroso Research Center is considered a privilege. In order to stay in good standing for future use of the Research Center, we expect individuals to comply with the following policy:
(1) Borrowing of books will be allowed for no more than two weeks at a time and checkouts can take place only during business days and hours the Pedroso Center is open: 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. on Mondays and Fridays and 8:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m. on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. Please come back to the Center to extend your checkout for another two weeks if you anticipate needing the book(s) for a longer period of time.
(2) Please return the book(s) no later than the two-week period from the original checkout date during the closing hour of the Pedroso Center. Pedroso Center closes at 4:30 p.m. on Mondays and Fridays and at 5:30 p.m. on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
(3) Books that are on loan that are not returned on the due date communicated during checkout will be considered lost or stolen and an internal department note will be filed against the individual, limiting future use of the library until the original books are returned. In special circumstances with extreme neglect and lack of response to Pedroso staff emails and requests for returns fees may also be charged.
(4) The maximum number of books that may be taken out of the Center during a two-week period will be limited to one book per person.
(5) Upon checkout, please be ready to provide your name, NEIU ID number, and NEIU email address. Communication and reminders about book checkouts and returns will take place via your NEIU email.