Northeastern Illinois University, located in Chicago, Illinois, invites applications for the position of Undergraduate Admissions Director, in the Enrollment Services Department
In this role you will
The Director is responsible for development and execution of a comprehensive recruitment tactical plan, which includes but is not limited to; high school territory management plans, a campus visitation program, new student enrollment targets for Proyecto Pa'lante, El Centro and Carruthers Center for Inner City Studies (CCICS), and a yield program. The Director will collaborate with the CRM Analyst on communication campaigns to support enrollment growth as outlined in the tactical plan. In addition, the Director will collaborate with NEIU's Associate Director of Information Systems on creating and monitoring a robust predictive modeling program. The Director reports to the Vice President of Enrollment Management who reports to the President. The Director must be current with contemporary admissions practices, challenges and strategies, must be goal driven and possess familiarity with recruitment communication technologies and effective recruitment communication campaigns. The Director should have a strategic, budget, managerial, and entrepreneurial background to provide exemplary leadership in an admission environment that is both demanding and exceptionally fast paced. Experience with meeting and exceeding enrollment goals by using scenario based planning and KPIs (key performance indicators) is required. The Director is fully responsible to provide vision and direction for a robust, data-informed, and innovative recruitment program within an approved budget. In addition, the Director will 1) design a robust high territory management plan using College Board's or ACT's research tools and Slate tracking reports, 2) lead a team of admissions counselor’s/recruiters professionals, and 3) oversee recruitment performance outcomes outlined in an annual tactical plan which the director will draft and the Vice President will approve.
- Master's degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education or comparable Work experience.
- Three to five years of progressively responsible leadership experience in undergraduate admissions with a proven track record of success.
- Proven track record to lead, develop, motivate, and supervise staff in an environment of rapid change.
- Experience in developing and tracking a departmental budget.
- At least 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Working knowledge of best practices related to the development and implementation of a robust admissions program, sound knowledge of high school territory management strategies and experience with admissions communication campaigns and enrollment reporting.
- Proven track record in student conversion from prospect to matriculation through the use of innovative and strategic approaches towards recruitment.
- Savvy and especially adept with technology.
- Experience recruiting and working with diverse student populations.
- Excellent communication skills and proven ability to speak to large groups.
- Ability, adaptability, and willingness to work flexible hours and extended days within a very fluid ever-changing environment.
- Highly proficient to expert level competence in Ellucian Banner Student Information system or a similar SIS system and customer relationships management systems.
- Skilled in using all Microsoft products.
- Knowledge of building a high school territory management program using College Board or ACT planning tools.
- Experience with Banner Student Information Systems.
- Experience with customer relationship management systems (CRM).
- Database management experience.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
(This position requires a background check.)
- Develop, implement and evaluate a comprehensive undergraduate tactical plan with measurable KPI (key performance indicators) for traditional aged students and transfer students with an eye towards institutional retention, persistence, and graduation goals.
- Leverage predictive modeling data in the context of shaping both the first-year and transfer class.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive yield plan designed to recruit diverse prospective students, meet enrollment goals and increase conversion rates in an environment where population demographics are declining, and state appropriations are decreasing.
- In consultation with the CRM Analyst, develop and execute a comprehensive communication plan that coordinates all forms of communication with prospective students and parents (if applicable) - social media, text, email, mail, phone, and digital.
- Develop, implement and oversee the high school territory management plan.
- Develop off-campus recruitment and yield events.
- Supervise admissions professionals.
- Supervise the Associate Director for Transfer Admission, and seek input from the Associate Director on strategies and tactics which will be included in the annual Tactical Plan.
- Evaluate the University's admissions efforts (i.e., KPIs in the tactical plan), analyze, and prepare a monthly report to be included in a monthly Enrollment Management e-newsletter.
- Leverage the CRM to enhance recruitment efforts.
- Lead the Admissions Recruitment Team and closely monitor tactical plan metrics (KPIs) and predictive model data, suggesting mid-stream adjustment as needed.
- Collaborate with faculty, staff, and alumni on aspects of tactical plan taking their input into consideration via an annual planning process.
- Assist faculty with recruitment initiatives outlined in the Tactical Plan.
- Lead and direct implementation of new freshmen and transfer recruitment technologies.
- Work with prospective students, facilitate campus events, manage applicant and admissions follow-up, and ensure enrollment KPIs are met.
- Develop, implement and manage the development of recruitment publications, social media and communication campaigns and calendars.
- In consultation with the divisions Associate director of student information systems, identity required performance reporting.
- Coordinate all on-campus events and visitation programs, convene collaborative recruitment teams and work with faculty to identify collaborative recruitment initiatives.
- Seek input from the Directors of the Proyecto Pa'lante, El Centro and Carruthers Center for Inner City Studies (CCICS) on strategies and tactics which will be included in the annual Tactical Plan
- Lead recruitment training sessions staff at Proyecto Pa'lante, El Centro and Carruthers Center for Inner City Studies (CCICS) as needed.
- Represent the University at professional meetings and conferences.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
About Northeastern Illinois University
Northeastern Illinois University’s Main Campus is located on 67 acres in a residential area on the Northwest Side of Chicago with additional locations in the metropolitan area: The Jacob H. Carruthers Center for Inner City Studies and El Centro. NEIU also is a founding member of the University Center of Lake County consortium campus in suburban Lake County, north of Chicago.
Salary & Benefits
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision benefits, sick and vacation days, and participation in the State Universities Retirement System. This is a full-time, continuing position.
Review of applications begins immediately and continues until November 23, 2022
Applicants are expected to respond based upon the entire job description. You must submit the following online forms (see links below) and send the remaining documents to Admissiondirector2022@neiu.edu with the job title in the subject line
- A letter of interest addressing your qualifications for this position;
- Current Curriculum Vitae;
- Three (3) professional references;
- Employment Application;
- Statement of Annuitant Status; and
- Affirmative Action Form.
Copies of unofficial transcripts are accepted; however, official transcripts for all earned degrees will be required of candidates selected for final interviews.
Northeastern Illinois University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and invites applications from Women, Minorities, Veterans and Persons with Disabilities, as well as Other Qualified Individuals. Northeastern Illinois University positions are contingent upon the University's receipt of its State of Illinois appropriation.