Deputy Director/Total Rewards Specialist
Office of Human Resources
To be successful in this role, qualified applicants will have
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AS OUTLINED IN THE CLASSIFICATION SPECIFICATION
- Bachelor’s degree (or 120 semester hours) in personnel administration, business administration, or closely related fields (such as labor relations)
- Six years of professional personnel experience in the classification/compensation area
In this position you will
- Be responsible for managing the Classification and Pay programs for all University positions including Civil Service employees at Northeastern Illinois University (NEIU).
- Create, manipulate and analyze data from human resources information systems and other data sources in order to test and improve the effectiveness of compensation programs.
- Provide market pricing and analysis to provide compensation recommendations.
- Prepare statistical analysis, metrics, and data modeling for various compensation structures and programs.
- Manage and administer Civil Service classification audits. Conduct cyclical audits of all Civil Service positions.
- Develop and maintain records and tracking activity and reviews of cyclical audits.
- Conducts job evaluations per SUCSS policies and procedures by onsite visits (desk audits) or from written job descriptions (paper audit); determines proper classification level, FLSA status.
- Maintain summaries, logs, reports and documentation for compliance with the State University Civil Service System periodic reporting requirements and for the biennial audit.
- Manage and administer pay ranges for new classifications. Develop, prepare and maintain pay schedules including updates of job codes, salary ranges and job titles in the SUCSS for all Civil Service employees.
- Develop training tools, and educate employees on all areas of compensation, including market analysis, administration, policy interpretation, and internal equity.
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Finance, Human Resources, or other relevant area required
- 3 to 5+ years of experience in financial or compensation analysis, job evaluation, salary administration; benefits administration a plus
- Strong mathematical aptitude; strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Advanced Excel skills including VLOOKUPs, pivot tables, and other complex formulas
- Experience with HRIS applications such as Neogov or Workday, a plus
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to interact positively with internal customers
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment, and deal with ambiguity-change agent
- Ability to act in a professional manner and use appropriate judgement on sensitive, confidential issues.
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) or classes toward CCP certification preferred
- Knowledge of university or public labor organizations
- Experience in higher education human resources.
$72,000 - $82,000
Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (Hours may vary depending on departmental needs)
In order to be considered for employment by Northeastern Illinois University (NEIU), you must submit the following:
- Employment Application (Original initials and signatures are required for each position applied. Electronic initials and signatures are not acceptable.)
- Affirmative Action Form
- Cover letter
- Official transcript(s)
If you have any questions, please email us at CS-Employment@neiu.edu.
Please visit the State of Illinois University Civil Service website for general information. NEIU Employment Services reserves the right not to consider any application on the basis of incomplete information/documents, delay in submission, and disqualifications under the rules of State Universities Civil Service System. Employment Services, however, assures that your application will be duly reviewed on the basis of the classification(s) in which you qualify and, accordingly, will inform you of their decision.
A current application, affirmative action form, statement of annuitant status form, official transcript(s), resume and cover letter must be submitted by the close of business October 5, 2022
Northeastern Illinois University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and invites applications from Women, Minorities, Veterans and Persons with Disabilities, as well as Other Qualified Individuals. Northeastern Illinois University positions are contingent upon the University's receipt of its State of Illinois appropriation.