STEAM AND POWER PLANT III
(Plant Operating Engineer)
Facilities Management - Heating Plant
- High School Graduation or equivalent
- Three years of experience in the maintenance and operation of steam and power plant equipment
- Possession of a current/valid Stationary Engineer’s License and/or Certificate as required by prevailing practice
(Each position requires a background check)
- Possession of a valid state of Illinois driver’s license
- Work experience at a multiple building facility
$ 44.43 per hour
To Be Determined
(Hours may vary depending on departmental needs.)
Under the direction of the Steam and Power Plant V or Steam and Power Plant IV Engineer to perform work typical of the trade of Steam and Power Plant III Engineer.
In order to be considered for employment by Northeastern Illinois University (NEIU), you must submit the following to email@example.com by 8/31/2021:
- Employment Application (Original initials and signatures are required for each position applied. Electronic initials and signatures are not acceptable.)
- Statement of Annuitant Status (Original signatures are required for each position applied. Electronic signatures are not acceptable.)
- Affirmative Action Form
- Cover letter
- Official transcript(s)
Above you can download and print a copy of the Employment Application and Statement of Annuitant Form. You must complete, sign and date the application and annuitant form and submit them along with official transcripts, resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by the application deadline. A new application and annuitant form are required for each position applied.
If you have any questions, please email us at CS-Employment@neiu.edu. Please visit the State of Illinois University Civil Service website for general information. NEIU Employment Services reserves the right not to consider any application on the basis of incomplete information/documents, delay in submission, and disqualifications under the rules of State Universities Civil Service System. Employment Services, however, assures that your application will be duly reviewed on the basis of the classification(s) in which you qualify and, accordingly, will inform you of their decision.
A current application, status of annuitant form and resume must be submitted by the close of business 8/31/21.
Northeastern Illinois University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and invites applications from Women, Minorities, Veterans and Persons with Disabilities, as well as Other Qualified Individuals. Northeastern Illinois University positions are contingent upon the University's receipt of its State of Illinois appropriation.