Senior Applications Analyst
University Technology Services – Administrative Computing
- High School graduation or equivalent
- (A) Master’s degree in computer science, information systems, data processing practices, or operations or a related field, or
(B) Two years of work experience comparable to that gained as an Applications Programmer III,
(C) Any combination of education and experience that totals two years.
- Four years of work experience comparable to that gained as an Applications Analyst, in addition to the preparation required in #2 above
- Four (4) years of Banner demonstrated work experiences
(Each position requires a background check.)
Personal Attributes Needed to Undertake the Job:
- Through knowledge of data practices, methods, principles, and techniques used in the applications and operation of a computer complex
- Skill in two or more major areas of data processing applications in order to conceive, modify, plan, and develop data processing systems for a computer complex for both applications and new areas of application
- Skill in understanding, developing, communicating, expressing ideas
- Skill in conversing fluently in non-technical terms and in presenting data processing equipment applications to users
- Skill in supervising and training others
$90,000-$95,000 per year
To Be Determined (Hours may vary depending on departmental needs).
Under the direction of the CIO, this position is responsible for a range of functional and technical activities to improve the overall operational effectiveness of the entire Banner ERP suite of applications and 3rd party applications. The Sr. Applications Analyst is responsible for identifying and documenting business/system requirements throughout the lifecycle of projects that span multiple functions. In addition, the Sr. Applications Analyst role includes making suggested improvements to existing and future processes (both technical and non-technical) on an ongoing basis.
In order to be considered for employment by Northeastern Illinois University (NEIU), you must submit the following:
- Employment Application (Original initials and signatures are required for each position applied. Electronic initials and signatures are not acceptable.)
- Statement of Annuitant Status (Original signatures are required for each position applied. Electronic signatures are not acceptable.)
- Cover letter
- Official transcript(s)
- Proof of being a US citizen or Legal Permanent resident (i.e., copy of a birth certificate, green card, passport, citizenship papers).
You can download and print a copy of the Employment Application and Statement of Annuitant Form. You must complete, sign and date the application and annuitant form and submit them along with official transcripts, resume and cover letter to email@example.com by the application deadline. A new application and annuitant form are required for each position applied.
If you have any questions, please email us at CS-Employment@neiu.edu. Please visit the State of Illinois University Civil Service website at http://www.sucss.illinois.gov/updates.aspx for general information. NEIU Employment Services reserves the right not to consider any application on the basis of incomplete information/documents, delay in submission, and disqualifications under the rules of State Universities Civil Service System. Employment Services, however, assures that your application will be duly reviewed on the basis of the classification(s) in which you qualify and, accordingly, will inform you of their decision.
A current employment application, statement of annuitant status form, cover letter, resume, and official transcript(s) must be submitted by the close of business 11/13/20.
Northeastern Illinois University is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer and Invites Applications from Women and Minorities as well as Other Qualified Individuals.