Northeastern Illinois University, located in Chicago, Illinois, invites applications for the position of Registrar, in the Enrollment Services Department
In this role you will
Reporting to the Vice President for Enrollment Management, the University Registrar ensures the accuracy, integrity, and confidentiality of student records and provides leadership and coordination for both the Registrar's Office and the Veterans Service Office. Supervises and directs the operations, functions, staff and technology related services in the Registrar's Office. Provides leadership in the creation, implementation, and enforcement of academic policies and procedures. Oversees the Ellucian Banner Student Module and collaborates with University Technology Services in the adoption, implementation and upgrading of systems and business processes as needed. The Registrar serves as the data steward for student data. The University Registrar Works closely with a variety of academic and student service offices to support the academic mission of the university and to promote student success. Supervises and maintains accountability for the preparation of anticipated graduate data, verification of student enrollment, and the auditing of student records for completion.
- Master's degree with a minimum of five years of successful management experience and demonstrated effectiveness supervising staff in a Registrar's office within a higher education setting.
- Higher education experience is a nonnegotiable requirement.
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively with individuals from racially, ethnically, and economically diverse backgrounds.
- Experience managing and maintaining confidential and secure student records.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience using all aspects of technology in the management of academic information (Ellucian Banner experience preferred).
- Knowledge and application of FERPA.
- Knowledge of student records management and registration best practices.
- Outstanding written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with all university constituencies, balancing available resources with multiple concurrent projects including changing priorities, deadlines, and institutional needs.
- Demonstrated expertise in data extraction and running processes for registration and records functions.
- Ability to work flexible hours. The normal work schedule is demanding and it is not uncommon for the individual to work beyond an 8-hour day. Works Fall and Spring Commencement ceremonies.
- Strong data and analytical skills with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational, decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Leads the Registrar's Office and the Veterans Services Office operations, supervises staff, and coordinates process and service improvements.
- Develops, coordinates, and implements office policies, and processes.
- Oversees and maintains the integrity of the student data in the Ellucian Banner Student Module and works jointly with University Technology Services in the adoption, implementation and upgrading of systems and processes.
- Oversees the testing, enhancements, and maintenance of the Student Module of the student information system (Ellucian Banner) including student information in the portal (NEIUport). CAPP (degree audit), document imaging (BDM), and third-party applications that receive/send data to Ellucian Banner.
- Provides guidance and leadership to academic and administrative departments and offices in their use of Ellucian Banner.
- Oversees the University's transfer articulation efforts including course-by-course articulation, articulation agreements, and guaranteed dual admission agreements.
- Participates in the creation, revision, interpretation, and enforcement of University academic policies and procedures and articulates policies procedures to students, faculty, and staff.
- Serves as FERPA Compliance Officer and provides training to faculty, staff, and student workers.
- Ensures the accuracy, integrity, security, and confidentiality of student records.
- Works to resolve daily operational problems, provides training, and establishes performance standards.
- Develops and executes university procedures and policies related to registration, student records, and the certification of veterans' benefits.
- Organizes and implements special projects as needed.
- Serves on committees as needed.
(Position requires a background check)
About Northeastern Illinois University
Northeastern Illinois University’s Main Campus is located on 67 acres in an attractive residential area on the Northwest Side of Chicago. The University offers more than 40 undergraduate degree and certificate programs and more than 50 graduate degree, certificate, licensure and endorsement programs. The University is a federally designated Hispanic-Serving Institution. It has additional locations in the metropolitan area, including the Jacob H. Carruthers Center for Inner City Studies, El Centro, Center for College Access and Success, and the University Center of Lake County.
Salary & Benefits
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision benefits, sick and vacation days, and participation in the State Universities Retirement System. This is a full-time, continuing position.
Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (able to work on occasional evenings or weekends as needed.)
Review of applications begins immediately and continues until January 15, 2023
Applicants are expected to respond based upon the entire job description.
You must submit the following online forms (see links below) and send the remaining documents to Registrar-Search@neiu.edu with the job title in the subject line
- A letter of interest addressing your qualifications for this position;
- Current Curriculum Vitae;
- Three (3) professional references;
- Employment Application;
- Statement of Annuitant Status; and
- Affirmative Action Form.
Copies of unofficial transcripts are accepted; however, official transcripts for all earned degrees will be required of candidates selected for final interviews.
Northeastern Illinois University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and invites applications from Women, Minorities, Veterans and Persons with Disabilities, as well as Other Qualified Individuals. Northeastern Illinois University's positions are contingent upon the University's receipt of its State of Illinois appropriation.