In this role you will:
This position is responsible for the administrative coordination of an all aspects of the Registration area within the Registrar's Office. Oversees the Enrollment Services front counter, which is the initial point of contact for students, faculty, and staff with the Registrar's Office and other Enrollment Services offices. Additionally, this position provides administrative support to the University Registrar on an as-needed basis. Incumbent must be able to maintain the confidentiality of student records as required by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and other applicable state and federal laws.
To be successful in this role, qualified applicants will have:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AS OUTLINED IN THE CLASSIFICATION SPECIFICATION
CREDENTIALS TO BE VERIFIED BY PLACEMENT OFFICER
- Bachelor’s degree.
- A total of one (1) year (12 months) in education, training and/or work experience in the area of specialization inherent to the position. (Note: Master’s Degree in an area consistent with the duties of the position may be substituted for one (1) year of work experience.)
- Based on position requirements, additional education, training, and/or work experience in the area of specialization inherent to the position, may be required.
- Demonstrated experience working in a university registrar's office, or has comparable work experience from working in another university office, or in a secondary school registrar's office.
- Earned bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- Experience in a business setting with demonstrated office administration, including coordinating projects and facilitating complex meetings.
- Outstanding written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience using Ellucian Banner, or comparable experience with a similar student information system.
- Proficient with technology, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), and Google Docs and Sheets.
- Data and analytical skills with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work at least one late night (10 a.m. – 6 p.m.) per week (Hours may vary depending upon office needs.)
- Manages the entire registration process and functions within the Ellucian Banner student information system. This includes specialized registration processes for contract, dual credit, grant, study abroad, and summer transition courses.
- Coordinates registration activities with other university offices, including the creation of the calendar of Registration Activities, which documents registration, financial aid, and student payment service functions.
- Responsible for submitting all registration information and dates for the Communication Plan which is used to update the university portal which provides Information to students, faculty and staff.
- Establishes all registration and withdrawal dates.
- Develops the Academic Calendar.
- Responsible for updating information on NEIUport (NEIU's portal).
- Oversees Raster Verification submissions and reporting.
- Supervises 2.5 full-time staff members. Approves time off requests and timesheets. Completes performance evaluations. Supervises one student worker.
- Ensures that accurate information and services are provided in a professional manner including in-person, telephone and text messaging interactions.
- Creates, updates, and maintains daily enrollment statistic reports.
- Prepares weekly, monthly, and yearly business operation reports, including comparison reports, to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of the Registration Office and the Enrollment Services front counter.
- Runs reports, scripts, and processes in Banner and Cognos, and analyzes output. Works with Enrollment Services Associate Director of Student Information Systems and the University Technology Services area to create and refine Cognos and Banner reports, and trouble shoot systems Issues.
- Serves as telephone back-up for the Office of the Associate Vice President for Enrollment Services.
- Responsible for the development of the online Schedule of Classes which requires close coordination with the Provost's Office, Academic Deans, Financial Aid Office, Student Payment Services Office, and other offices which provide information for the Schedule of Classes.
- Develops training materials and instructions for registration processes and for the creation of the Schedule of Classes for staff in Enrollment Services and in other university offices.
- Interprets policies and procedures to students, staff, and faculty.
- Makes recommendations with regards to planning, formulating, and implementing new policies and procedures.
- Responsible for testing Banner patches and upgrades that affect registration.
- Serves on the Student Committee, and provides administrative support to the committee. Composes informational text for student screens in the portal as new registration functionality is added or new registration procedures are implemented. Works with the technical staff to apply the text to the appropriate screens.
- Assists the University Registrar and Associate Registrar with projects on an as-needed basis.
- Other Duties as assigned.
(This position requires a background check.)
$42,000 - $45,000
Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (Hours may vary depending on departmental needs)
In order to be considered for employment by Northeastern Illinois University (NEIU), you must submit the following:
- Employment Application (Original initials and signatures are required for each position applied. Electronic initials and signatures are not acceptable.)
- Affirmative Action Form
- Cover letter
- Official transcript(s)
If you have any questions, please email us at CS-Employment@neiu.edu.
Please visit the State of Illinois University Civil Service website for general information. NEIU Employment Services reserves the right not to consider any application on the basis of incomplete information/documents, delay in submission, and disqualifications under the rules of State Universities Civil Service System. Employment Services, however, assures that your application will be duly reviewed on the basis of the classification(s) in which you qualify and, accordingly, will inform you of their decision.
A current application, affirmative action form, statement of annuitant status form, official transcript(s), resume and cover letter must be submitted by the close of business 2/7/2022.
Northeastern Illinois University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and invites applications from Women, Minorities, Veterans and Persons with Disabilities, as well as Other Qualified Individuals. Northeastern Illinois University positions are contingent upon the University's receipt of its State of Illinois appropriation.