Office Support Specialist
College of Graduate Studies and Research
In this role you will
The Office Support Specialist provides administrative/clerical support for the Office of Research and Sponsored Program, Institutional Research, and College of Graduate Studies and Research. The specialist needs to be flexible (in terms of providing support to multiple areas), organized and detail oriented.
To be successful in this role, qualified applicants will have
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AS OUTLINED IN THE CLASSIFICATION SPECIFICATION
- High school graduation or equivalent.
- One (1) year (12 months) of work experience comparable to the second level of this series.
- Any one or any combination of the following, totaling two (2) years (24 months) of experience in the categories below:
- work experience performing office/clerical activities, including use of computer systems
- college or university course work in any curriculum
- twelve (12) semester hours = six (6) months
- twenty-four (24) semester hours = twelve (12) months
- thirty-six (36) semester hours = eighteen (18) months
- forty-eight (48) semester hours = twenty-four (24) months
- Track grant performance periods and reporting dates to support multi-year budget launches and monitoring of on-time reporting. Complete or assist with pre-award and post-award forms, agreements, and other documents. Send out forms and templates required for proposals to grant applicants. Maintain document and grant files, update and maintain grant award lists. Create grant lists for annual Statement of Economic Interests. Send out communications related to proposal routing, proposal documents, and other matters as assigned.
- Organize and facilitate meetings and special events, schedule and coordinate dates and times, venues, attendance, agendas, and facility arrangements. Assist in the maintenance of the department/area webpage. Disseminate and administer online/web surveys as required for reporting and as needed to support IRA research projects. Perform a wide variety of administrative tasks including but not limited to data entry and the drafting, editing, and revision of letters, reports, and other materials. Perform basic, routine bookkeeping functions relative to program/department budget including tracking purchases and expenditures and may assist in the budget development process. Assist in overseeing internal and external reporting schedules, and create reminders to the department to comply with deadlines.
- Assist with the organization of special events sponsored by CGSR (including but not limited to - Master's Hooding Ceremony, Graduate Orientation, Graduate Open House)
- Clerical and other duties as assigned
(This position requires a background check.)
Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (Hours may vary depending on departmental needs)
In order to be considered for employment by Northeastern Illinois University (NEIU), you must submit the following:
- Employment Application (Original initials and signatures are required for each position applied. Electronic initials and signatures are not acceptable.)
- Affirmative Action Form
- Cover letter
If you have any questions, please email us at CS-Employment@neiu.edu.
Please visit the State of Illinois University Civil Service website for general information. NEIU Employment Services reserves the right not to consider any application on the basis of incomplete information/documents, delay in submission, and disqualifications under the rules of State Universities Civil Service System. Employment Services, however, assures that your application will be duly reviewed on the basis of the classification(s) in which you qualify and, accordingly, will inform you of their decision.
A current application, affirmative action form, statement of annuitant status form, resume and cover letter must be submitted by the close of business 8/03/2022.
Northeastern Illinois University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and invites applications from Women, Minorities, Veterans and Persons with Disabilities, as well as Other Qualified Individuals. Northeastern Illinois University positions are contingent upon the University's receipt of its State of Illinois appropriation.