Mathematics/College of Arts and Sciences (CAS)
- High school graduation or equivalent
- Forty-eight months of clerical/office support work experience comparable to that performed at the Office Support Specialist level or in other positions of comparable responsibility
- Twenty-four months of clerical/office support work experience comparable to that performed at the Office Manager level or in other positions of comparable responsibility
(Each position requires a background check.)
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES NEEDED TO UNDERTAKE JOB:
- Extensive knowledge of office support and general office practices and procedures
- Extensive knowledge of spelling, grammar, punctuation, sentence and paragraph structure and formatting
This position requires individual to: exhibit solid organizational and time management skills; develop, adapt to, and maintain in-depth knowledge of program policies, procedures, and practices as related to duties; practice effective and professional communication and work relationships with chairs, and faculty; maintain strict program and personnel confidentiality; effectively manage times of heavy workload; attend professional development and other trainings as relevant to the position; perform additional related duties as assigned by supervisor.
$18.00 per hour
Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (Hours may vary depending on departmental needs)
In order to be considered for employment by Northeastern Illinois University (NEIU), you must submit the following:
- Employment Application (Original initials and signatures are required on each position applied. Electronic initials and signatures are not acceptable.)
- Statement of Annuitant Status (Original signatures are required on each position applied. Electronic signatures are not acceptable.)
- Affirmative Action Form
- Cover letter
You can obtain an Employment Application and Statement of Annuitant Status form in the Office of Human Resources, Bernard Office Building (BOB), 5555 N. Bernard, Chicago, IL 60625, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Above you may also download and print a copy of the Employment Application and Statement of Annuitant Form. You must complete, sign and date the application and annuitant form and submit them along with resume and cover letter to the Office of Human Resources by the application deadline. A new application and annuitant form are required for each position applied.
If you have any questions, please call the Office of Human Resources at 773-442-5200, or email us at CS-Employment@neiu.edu. Please visit the State of Illinois University Civil Service website at http://www.sucss.illinois.gov/updates.aspx for general information... NEIU Employment Services reserves the right not to consider any application on the basis of incomplete information/documents, delay in submission, and disqualifications under the rules of State Universities Civil Service System. Employment Services, however, assures that your application will be duly reviewed on the basis of the classification(s) in which you qualify and, accordingly, will inform you of their decision.
A current employment application, statement of annuitant status form, cover letter and resume must be submitted by the close of business 7/30/21.
Northeastern Illinois University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and invites applications from Women, Minorities, Veterans and Persons with Disabilities, as well as Other Qualified Individuals. Northeastern Illinois University positions are contingent upon the University's receipt of its State of Illinois appropriation.