Teacher Education (TED) and Special Education (SPED)
- High school graduation or equivalent
- Forty-eight months of clerical/office support work experience comparable to that performed at the Office Support Specialist level or in other positions of comparable responsibility
- Twenty-four months of clerical/office support work experience comparable to that performed at the Office Manager level or in other positions of comparable responsibility
(Each position requires a background check.)
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES NEEDED TO UNDERTAKE JOB:
- Ability to analyze and develop office guidelines, procedures, and systems
- Ability to select and develop appropriate criteria methods and procedures to be utilized in order to solve problems
- Skill in oral and written communication
- Ability to utilize various software packages
- Supervisory and administrative ability
$18.25 - $19.25 per hour
Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (Hours may vary depending on departmental needs)
Under administrative supervision, this position serves the Department of Teacher Education (TED) and the Department of Special Education (SPED) performing a wide variety of tasks which require the use of independent judgement and initiative. A knowledge of the university, departments, programs, practices and procedures is essential to the performance of duties. Independently works as administrative support for the chairs when needed; maintain smooth functioning of the departments; incumbent is a skilled problem solver; able to assist students and faculty to reach resolution.
In order to be considered for employment by Northeastern Illinois University (NEIU), you must submit the following:
- Employment Application (Original initials and signatures are required on each position applied. Electronic initials and signatures are not acceptable.)
- Statement of Annuitant Status (Original signatures are required on each position applied. Electronic signatures are not acceptable.)
- Cover letter
You can obtain an Employment Application, Affirmative Action Form and Statement of Annuitant Status form in the Office of Human Resources, Bernard Office Building (BOB), 5555 N. Bernard, Chicago, IL 60625, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. You may also download and print a copy of the Employment Application, Affirmative Action Form and Statement of Annuitant Form. You must complete, sign and date the application. Affirmative Action Form and annuitant form and submit them along with resume and cover letter to the Office of Human Resources by the application deadline. A new application and annuitant form are required for each position applied.
If you have any questions, please call the Office of Human Resources at 773-442-5200, or email us at CS-Employment@neiu.edu. Please visit the State of Illinois University Civil Service website at http://www.sucss.illinois.gov/updates.aspx for general information. NEIU Employment Services reserves the right not to consider any application on the basis of incomplete information/documents, delay in submission, and disqualifications under the rules of State Universities Civil Service System. Employment Services, however, assures that your application will be duly reviewed on the basis of the classification(s) in which you qualify and, accordingly, will inform you of their decision.
A current employment application, statement of annuitant status form, cover letter, resume, and official transcript(s) must be submitted by the close of business 2/25/19.
Northeastern Illinois University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and invites applications from Women, Minorities, Veterans and Persons with Disabilities, as well as Other Qualified Individuals. Northeastern Illinois University positions are contingent upon the University's receipt of its State of Illinois appropriation.