- Three years of experience in conservation dealing with plant and wildlife
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the field biological areas, the major being in plant or animal life
Departmental acceptable requirements:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- At Least four years of hands on experience with increasing responsibilities in Prairie Management and Restoration activities
- Experience with prescribed burns and NWCG certification(s) preferred
Personal Attributes Needed to Undertake the Job:
- Ability to identify common and conspicuous species of local plants and animals
- Ability to work out of doors in all seasons
(Each position requires a background check.)
$44,400 - $48,800 per year
To Be Announced.
(Hours may vary depending on departmental needs)
This position oversees creating and executing a Management and Restoration plan in accordance with the requirements for a dedicated Illinois Nature Preserve and a National Natural Monument; with minimal supervision, the incumbent aids in research and teaching programs conducted on natural areas and communicates such information to the relevant constituencies.
In order to be considered for employment by Northeastern Illinois University (NEIU), you must submit the following:
- Employment Application (Original initials and signatures are required for each position applied. Electronic initials and signatures are not acceptable.)
- Statement of Annuitant Status (Original signatures are required for each position applied. Electronic signatures are not acceptable.)
- Cover letter
- Official transcript(s)
You can obtain an Employment Application and Statement of Annuitant Status form in the Office of Human Resources, Bernard Office Building (BOB), 5555 N. Bernard, Chicago, IL 60625, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. You may also download and print a copy of the Employment Application and Statement of Annuitant Status Form. You must complete, sign and date the application and annuitant form and submit them along with official transcripts, resume and cover letter to the Office of Human Resources by the application deadline. A new application and annuitant form are required for each position applied.
If you have any questions, please call the Office of Human Resources at (773) 442-5200, or email us at CS-Employment@neiu.edu. Please visit the State Universities Civil Service System website at http://www.sucss.illinois.gov/updates.aspx for general information. NEIU Employment Services reserves the right not to consider any application on the basis of incomplete information/documents, delay in submission, and disqualifications under the rules of State Universities Civil Service System. Employment Services, however, assures that your application will be duly reviewed on the basis of the classification(s) in which you qualify and, accordingly, will inform you of their decision.
A CURRENT EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION, STATEMENT OF ANNUITANT STATUS FORM, RESUME AND COVER LETTER WILL BE ACCEPTED THROUGH THE CLOSE OF BUSINESS 3/6/20.
NORTHEASTERN ILLINOIS UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY / AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER AND INVITES APPLICATIONS FROM WOMEN, MINORITIES, VETERANS AND PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES, AS WELL AS OTHER QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS. NORTHEASTERN ILLINOIS UNIVERSITY’S POSITIONS ARE CONTINGENT UPON THE UNIVERSITY’S RECEIPT OF ITS STATE OF ILLINOIS APPROPRIATION.