Natural Science Technical Assistant
- Six years of experience in laboratory techniques, three years of which must have been gained in the department to be served
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in the biological sciences or chemistry and two years of experience in a scientific
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Knowledge of drugs, biologicals, supplies, and equipment used in laboratory
- Skill in the use of wide assortment of power and hand tools
- Ability to operate, maintain, and repair laboratory equipment
- Ability to measure reactions and to compute minute quantities of material with maximum accuracy
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relations
(Each position requires a background check.)
$48,000 – 52,000 per year
To Be Announced.
(Hours may vary depending on departmental needs)
This position provides scientific and technical support to the faculty and administration of the Department of Biology. The incumbent is responsible for providing laboratory services and support to the instructional and research activities of the Biology program and will help manage the laboratory assets of the Department.
In order to be considered for employment by Northeastern Illinois University (NEIU), you must submit the following:
- Employment Application (Original initials and signatures are required for each position applied. Electronic initials and signatures are not acceptable.)
- Affirmative Action Form
- Statement of Annuitant Status (Original signatures are required for each position applied. Electronic signatures are not acceptable.)
- Cover letter
- Official transcript(s)
You can obtain an Employment Application and Statement of Annuitant Status form in the Office of Human Resources, Bernard Office Building (BOB), 5555 N. Bernard, Chicago, IL 60625, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Above you may also download and print a copy of the Employment Application and Statement of Annuitant Status Form. You must complete, sign and date the application and annuitant form and submit them along with official transcripts, resume and cover letter to the Office of Human Resources by the application deadline. A new application and annuitant form are required for each position applied.
If you have any questions, please call the Office of Human Resources at 773-442-5200, or email us at CS-Employment@neiu.edu. Please visit the State Universities Civil Service System website at http://www.sucss.illinois.gov/updates.aspx for general information. NEIU Employment Services reserves the right not to consider any application on the basis of incomplete information/documents, delay in submission, and disqualifications under the rules of State Universities Civil Service System. Employment Services, however, assures that your application will be duly reviewed on the basis of the classification(s) in which you qualify and, accordingly, will inform you of their decision.
A CURRENT EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION, STATEMENT OF ANNUITANT STATUS FORM, AFFIRMATIVE ACTION FORM, RESUME AND COVER LETTER WILL BE ACCEPTED THROUGH THE CLOSE OF BUSINESS 7/30/21.
NORTHEASTERN ILLINOIS UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY / AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER AND INVITES APPLICATIONS FROM WOMEN, MINORITIES, VETERANS AND PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES, AS WELL AS OTHER QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS. NORTHEASTERN ILLINOIS UNIVERSITY’S POSITIONS ARE CONTINGENT UPON THE UNIVERSITY’S RECEIPT OF ITS STATE OF ILLINOIS APPROPRIATION.