Available Summer 2020
Technical Services Coordinator, full-time, twelve-month, tenure-track faculty appointment as Assistant Professor in a collective bargaining unit. Position reports to the Associate Dean of Libraries.
SALARY and BENEFITS:
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. Comprehensive benefits package including health, dental and vision, 24 days of vacation and participation in the Illinois State Universities Retirement System (SURS).
Coordinate technical services functions and staff in a broad range of activities related to acquisitions, cataloging, and the management of electronic resources. As the library migrates from use of Ex Libris’ Voyager, WorldCat Local, and SFX to Ex Libris’ Alma/Primo VE, provide leadership in developing new technical services workflows. May serve as a subject specialist in a selected discipline and provide reference services in a team environment. Participation in professional organizations, service in library and university governance, and appropriate research/creative activities are expected and required for tenure.
- ALA accredited MLS degree and a second master's degree.
- Evidence of 5+ years progressively responsible experience in technical services, including acquisitions, cataloging, serials and e-resource management.
- Recent supervisory experience managing one or more technical service units.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current standards, best practices and emerging trends in technical services.
- Professional cataloging experience with original, adaptive, and copy cataloging of multiple formats.
- Knowledge of acquisitions functions and vendors.
- Relevant experience with integrated library systems and library automation.
- A high level of computer competency and a demonstrated history of technical services policy development and training.
- Effective oral and written communication skills and the ability to work independently and collaboratively to effectively build consensus and facilitate change.
- Experience with cataloging and acquisitions functions in the Voyager integrated library system.
- Additional experience with related systems such as SFX and an Electronic Resource Management System (ERMS).
- Management experience coordinating a broadly defined technical services unit.
- Academic library experience and related experience working within a consortium.
- Reading knowledge of a foreign language.
CAMPUS AND COMMUNITY:
Northeastern Illinois University (www.neiu.edu) is a public, comprehensive, multicultural university located on the north side of Chicago. It has an enrollment of approximately 7,000 students in undergraduate and graduate programs. The Library maintains a collection of over 700,000 volumes and subscriptions to 120 online databases.
Send a letter of application, resume, and the names, email addresses, and phone numbers of three references via email to LibSearch@neiu.edu. Subject line should read “Technical Services Coordinator application”. Paper applications will not be accepted. Review begins March 15, 2020 and will continue until the position is filled. Preference will be given to applications received before March 15, 2020.
Northeastern Illinois University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and invites applications from women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities, as well as other qualified individuals. Northeastern Illinois University positions are contingent upon the University’s receipt of its State of Illinois appropriation.