Available Summer 2020
Electronic Resources Librarian, full-time, twelve-month, tenure-track faculty appointment as Assistant Professor in a collective bargaining unit. Position reports to the Associate Dean of Libraries.
SALARY and BENEFITS:
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. Comprehensive benefits package including health, dental and vision, 24 days of vacation and participation in the Illinois State Universities Retirement System (SURS).
Provide leadership in the area of electronic resource management, including licensing, trouble-shooting, and policy development. Provide related technical support for library operations. As the library migrates from use of Ex Libris’ Voyager, WorldCat Discovery, and SFX to Ex Libris’ Alma/Primo VE, provide leadership in the configuration and implementation of those new systems’ capabilities, including integration with Tipasa. Serve as an active member of the Technical Services Team in the ongoing assessment of policies and procedures. May serve as a subject specialist in a selected discipline and provide reference services in a team environment. Participation in professional organizations, service in library and university governance, and appropriate research/creative activities are expected and required for tenure.
- ALA-accredited MLS degree and a second master’s degree
- Demonstrated experience with library systems in academic libraries and relevant technologies
- Evidence of relevant experience in e-resource acquisitions, management, and cataloging
- Demonstrated knowledge of current standards, best practices and emerging trends in electronic resources and technical services
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively to build consensus and facilitate change
- Prior experience with Ex Libris’ Voyager, Alma, Primo VE, and SFX
- Skills in scripting and programming applicable to a library environment
- Work experience in an academic library and in a collaborative, culturally diverse environment
- Related experience working within a consortium
CAMPUS AND COMMUNITY:
Northeastern Illinois University (www.neiu.edu) is a public, comprehensive, multicultural university located on the north side of Chicago. It has an enrollment of approximately 7,000 students in undergraduate and graduate programs. The Library maintains a collection of over 700,000 volumes and subscriptions to 120 online databases.
Send a letter of application, resume, and the names, email addresses, and phone numbers of three references via email to LibSearch@neiu.edu. Subject line should read "Electronic Resources Librarian application". Paper applications will not be accepted. Review begins March 15, 2020 and will continue until the position is filled. Preference will be given to applications received before March 15, 2020.
Northeastern Illinois University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and invites applications from women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities, as well as other qualified individuals. Northeastern Illinois University positions are contingent upon the University’s receipt of its State of Illinois appropriation.