Institutional Advancement Associate
In this role you will:
Provide administrative support to the Vice President for Institutional Advancement, as well as project management, budget management, and communications development for the areas of Institutional Advancement and the Northeastern Illinois University (NEIU) Foundation, plus project management and communications development for all areas reporting to the Vice President including Alumni Relations, Development, and Advancement Services as requested by the Vice President.
To be successful in this role, qualified applicants will have:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AS OUTLINED IN THE CLASSIFICATION SPECIFICATION
- Bachelor’s degree in accountancy, business administration, management, or a closely related field.
- Three (3) years (36 months) of work experience in accounting, business administration, fiscal management, or closely related experience.
- A combination of such education and/or work experience totaling three (3) years (36 months), as measured by the following conversion table or its proportional equivalent:
- 30 semester hours equals one (1) year (12 months)
- 60 semester hours or an Associate’s Degree equals eighteen months (18 months)
- 90 semester hours equals two (2) years (24 months)
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to problem solve and presentation skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office is required.
- Must have a minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in a high production office department
(This position requires a background check.)
- Manage communications and projects for Institutional Advancement and the NEIU Foundation. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, event planning, project management/timelines, representing the University at community events, coordination/management of meetings and events, creating presentations, and generating reports. Write and edit Institutional Advancement and NEIU Foundation communications including memos, letters, e-mails, Foundation Board meeting materials, donor/constituent prospect profiles based on Raiser’s Edge data and research, and other projects as assigned.
- Manage budgets and bank accounts for Institutional Advancement as well as process paperwork related to budget, purchasing and human resources, and will work in consultation with the NEIU Foundation Business Manager with respect to documents required by Foundation’s external auditors, external investment consultant, and/or external bank accounts. Represent the Vice President for Institutional Advancement on certain committees and at various meetings as needed.
- Manage the Vice President’s calendar and travel schedule including event and meeting planning, itinerary creation, Raiser’s Edge constituent research, expense reports and Raiser’s Edge call reports.
- Serves as Recording Secretary for the NEIU Foundation, including taking meeting minutes, communicating with and on behalf of Board Members, and creating and sealing official Foundation documents.
- Administers the NEIU Foundation Student Travel Awards, including communicating with the University Community to solicit applications, coordinating the approval process with the University Provost, making payment arrangements, and maintaining the Student Travel Award budget. May train and supervise lower-level clerical staff and students. Perform other duties as assigned.
Part-Time/28 Hours Per Week; Temporary Position, End Date 04/30/2022
Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (Hours may vary depending on departmental needs)
In order to be considered for employment by Northeastern Illinois University (NEIU), you must submit the following:
- Employment Application (Original initials and signatures are required for each position applied. Electronic initials and signatures are not acceptable.)
- Affirmative Action Form
- Cover letter
- Official Transcripts
If you have any questions, please email us at CS-Employment@neiu.edu.
Please visit the State of Illinois University Civil Service website for general information. NEIU Employment Services reserves the right not to consider any application on the basis of incomplete information/documents, delay in submission, and disqualifications under the rules of State Universities Civil Service System. Employment Services, however, assures that your application will be duly reviewed on the basis of the classification(s) in which you qualify and, accordingly, will inform you of their decision.
A current application, affirmative action form, statement of annuitant status form, Cover letter, resume and official transcripts must be submitted by the close of business 12/10/2021.
Northeastern Illinois University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and invites applications from Women, Minorities, Veterans and Persons with Disabilities, as well as Other Qualified Individuals. Northeastern Illinois University positions are contingent upon the University's receipt of its State of Illinois appropriation.