Imaging Processing Technician II
Financial Aid, Scholarships and Student Employment
- High school graduation or equivalent
- 18 months of work experience involving the receipt, review, and filing of information and/or records which included the use of electronic recording keeping, or,
- 30 semester hours of college course work in data processing, computer programming, or records management, or,
- 18 months of vocational training in data processing, computer programming, or records management, or,
- Any combination of experience and education totaling 18 months
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs)
- Working knowledge of image processing techniques
- Working knowledge of chronological, numeric, and alpha-numeric filing systems
- Skill in data entry
- Ability to organize and schedule work
- Ability to maintain production records and complete reports
- Manual dexterity needed to placement, scanning, committal, and printing of documents
- Visual acuity, and ability to recognize documents of all types
(Each position requires a background check.)
$16.66 per hour
Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.; One Late Night
(Hours may vary depending on departmental needs)
This position ensures efficiency and effectiveness of the document imaging process through Banner Xtender for both the Financial Aid Office and Student Employment. Position requires excellent verbal and written communication skills; receives training in the scanning, indexing, verification of documents, and data entry procedures.
In order to be considered for employment by Northeastern Illinois University (NEIU), you must submit the following:
- Employment Application (Original initials and original signatures required for each position applied. Electronic initials and electronic signatures are not acceptable.)
- Statement of Annuitant Status (Original signatures are required for each position applied. Electronic signatures are not acceptable.)
- Affirmative Action Form
- Cover letter
- Official transcript(s)
You can obtain an Employment Application and Statement of Annuitant Status form in the Office of Human Resources, Bernard Office Building (BOB), 5555 N. Bernard, Chicago, IL 60625, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Above you may also download and print a copy of the Employment Application and Statement of Annuitant Status Form. You must complete, sign and date the application and annuitant form and submit them along with official transcripts, resume and cover letter to the Office of Human Resources by the application deadline. A new application and annuitant form are required for each position applied.
If you have any questions, please call the Office of Human Resources at 773-442-5200, or email us at CS-Employment@neiu.edu. Please visit the State Universities Civil Service System website at http://www.sucss.illinois.gov/updates.aspx for general information. NEIU Employment Services reserves the right not to consider any application on the basis of incomplete information/documents, delay in submission, and disqualifications under the rules of State Universities Civil Service System. Employment Services, however, assures that your application will be duly reviewed on the basis of the classification(s) in which you qualify and, accordingly, will inform you of their decision.
A current application, statement of annuitant status form, official transcript(s), resume and cover letter must be submitted by the close of business 8/6/21.
NORTHEASTERN ILLINOIS UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY / AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER AND INVITES APPLICATIONS FROM WOMEN, MINORITIES, VETERANS AND PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES, AS WELL AS OTHER QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS. NORTHEASTERN ILLINOIS UNIVERSITY'SPOSITIONS ARE CONTINGENT UPON THE UNIVERSITY'S RECEIPT OF ITS STATE OF ILLINOIS APPROPRIATION.