Position Classification: Human Resources Assistant Manager
Working Title: HRIS Specialist
Department: Office of Human Resources
The primary focus of the HRIS Specialist is to provide technical support for the human resource information systems (HRIS). This position is responsible for overall system performance and maintenance, including ensuring information security, testing updates, and improving process efficiency. This position serves as a technical point-of-contact and assists subject matter experts with ensuring data integrity, report writing and analyzing data flows for process improvement opportunities. The HRIS Specialist will also coordinate system testing, review of new processes or implementations and other technical projects as assigned.
In this role you will:
- Serve as subject matter expert on HRIS in the Office of Human Resource.
- Partner with HR, Payroll, IT and Security to ensure successful operation of and integration with HRIS and software solutions utilized by NEIU.
- Utilizes Banner forms to maintain position data attributes including position numbers, titles and employee class designations. Works with HR Records and Payroll staff to resolve position control issues that arise during payroll processing.
- Utilizes Banner Salary Planner to process all increases including the implementation of the compensation provisions of the collective bargaining agreements.
- Participate in HR technology initiatives by assisting with business requirement gathering, business process review, project management, testing, training, documentation development, communication, and business process configuration.
- Partner with HR leads and subject matter experts to develop solutions leveraging HRIS.
- Design, develop and interpret reports while adhering to internal standards to ensure reuse and maintainability.
- Assist staff with creation of advanced reports to support their day-to-day responsibilities, as well as create ad hoc reports as required.
- Provide day-to-day support for issues related to HR systems by investigating problems and developing detailed suggestions for resolution of issues.
- Oversee HRIS support cases to ensure timely and appropriate completion.
- Responsible for periodic reporting requirements to SUCSS, IBHE, internal and external auditors.
To be successful in this role, qualified applicants will have:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AS OUTLINED IN THE CLASSIFICATION SPECIFICATION
- High school graduation or equivalent
- Any combination totaling four years from the following categories:
- progressively more responsible work experience performing duties comparable to those listed for the previous lower level of the series
- college course work in human resource administration, business administration, or a closely related field, as measured by the following conversion table or its proportional equivalent:
- 60 semester hours equals one year
- 90 semester hours equals two years
- 120 semester hours equals three years
- As required by the position to be filled, education, training and/or work experience in the area of specialization inherent in the position may be required in meeting credential requirements #1 and #2 above.
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience in the area of HR.
- Comfortable with technology and ability to lead change.
- Advanced proficiency and technical aptitude and experience in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Ellucian or WorkDay products.
- Ability to act in a professional manner and use appropriate judgement with sensitive, confidential issues.
- Knowledge of university or public labor organizations.
- Experience in higher education human resources.
Knowledge, Skills, and Competencies:
- Strong customer service skills.
- Willingness and ability to communicate well with a variety of people.
- Ability to perform repetitive duties and detailed work accurately.
- Ability to work with electronic data processing hardware and software and some experience with Microsoft Office suite.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for use with face to face and online interactions.
- Ability to understand and follow written procedures and guidelines.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to interpret and communicate data.
- Ability to display sensitivity, tact and responsiveness in various situations and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to work at a fast pace and handle multiple tasks with high level of accuracy.
- Willingness to deal with customer complaints and resolve customer problems.
Commensurate with experience
8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday
Hours may vary depending on departmental needs)
In order to be considered for employment by Northeastern Illinois University (NEIU), you must submit the following to email@example.com by Sept. 10, 2021:
- Employment Application (Original initials and signatures are required for each position applied. Electronic initials and signatures are not acceptable.)
- Affirmative Action Form
- Cover letter
- Official transcript(s)
If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please visit the State of Illinois University Civil Service website for general information. NEIU Employment Services reserves the right not to consider any application on the basis of incomplete information/documents, delay in submission, and disqualifications under the rules of State Universities Civil Service System. Employment Services, however, assures that your application will be duly reviewed on the basis of the classification(s) in which you qualify and, accordingly, will inform you of their decision.
A current application, affirmative action form, statement of annuitant status form, official transcript(s), resume and cover letter must be submitted by the close of business Sept. 10, 2021.
Northeastern Illinois University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and invites applications from Women, Minorities, Veterans and Persons with Disabilities, as well as Other Qualified Individuals. Northeastern Illinois University positions are contingent upon the University's receipt of its State of Illinois appropriation.