Northeastern Illinois University, located in Chicago, Illinois, invites applications for the position of Freshman Admission Counselor in the Enrollment Services Department.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Freshman Admission Counselor performs strategic functions, develops and implements freshman recruitment programming and provides pre-enrollment advising services to support freshman enrollment goals at Northeastern Illinois University (NEIU).
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years of higher education experience, assisting college-aged students
- Knowledgeable about students’ options and the admission process
- Experience working with students in both one-on-one and groups
- Experience working with a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system
- Skilled in all Microsoft products
- Persuasive communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills. Able to solve problems. Able to deescalate frustration. Willing to go out of the way to help someone. Able to leave a very positive impression.
- Proficient in student information systems
(This position requires a background check.)
- Initiate phone calls, emails, and text messages to a group of assigned students, with a goal of assisting good-fit students to enroll. This takes the majority of the time and effort given. The job is primarily office-based with little to some travel required. Sales skills are required as the goal for this position is to be able to help any student feel more confident about their decision and help students complete the next steps.
- Responding to incoming calls, emails and text messages.
- Having contact with feeder high schools to help students transfer.
- Meeting in the office with students who visit NEIU.
- Planning and executing communication plans with the Associate Director.
- Hosting events for freshman students on campus.
- On occasion, visiting high schools or college fairs (if needed).
- Contributing to the admissions/marketing partnership to update printed and web collateral.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
About Northeastern Illinois University
Northeastern’s Main Campus is located on 67 acres in a residential area on the Northwest Side of Chicago with additional locations in the metropolitan area: The Jacob H. Carruthers Center for Inner City Studies and El Centro. Northeastern also is a founding member of the University Center of Lake County consortium campus in suburban Lake County, north of Chicago.
Salary and Benefits
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision benefits, sick and vacation days, and participation in the State Universities Retirement System. This is a full-time, continuing position.
Review of applications begins immediately and continues until the position is filled.
Applicants are expected to respond based upon the entire job description. You must submit the following online forms (see links below) and send the remaining documents to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line.
- A letter of interest addressing your qualifications for this position;
- Current Curriculum Vitae;
- Three (3) professional references;
- Employment Application;
- Statement of Annuitant Status; and
- Affirmative Action Form.
Copies of unofficial transcripts are accepted; however, official transcripts for all earned degrees will be required of candidates selected for final interviews.
Northeastern Illinois University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and invites applications from Women, Minorities, Veterans and Persons with Disabilities, as well as Other Qualified Individuals. Northeastern Illinois University positions are contingent upon the University's receipt of its State of Illinois appropriation.