Financial Analyst/Planner Specialist
Finance and Administration
- Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting, business administration or other related fields plus 2 years’ experience working as a financial analyst or accountant
- 5 years’ experience working as a financial analyst or accountant
- Position requires strong analytical skills; experience with budgeting, forecasting, modeling and financial reporting
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external contacts as well as build positive working relationships at all levels of the University; resolve complex problems and use independent judgement
- The individual must be a clear and concise communicator, work well under pressure, be flexible to adapt to shifting priorities, and possess strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated experience managing datasets and databases.
- Must be results-oriented with strong attention to detail and deadlines which require identification and resolution of issues on a timely basis and proactive communication with others around the University.
- High proficiency in Microsoft applications, particularly Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Ellucian Banner ERP or comparable SIS and prior work experience in a college setting strongly preferred.
This position description is not intended to contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties, or responsibilities. Additional duties may be assigned based on business operational needs.
(This position requires a background check)
$75,000 - $85,000/year
To Be Determined
(Hours may vary depending on departmental needs)
Under the direction of the Interim Executive Director of Finance and Administration, the Financial Analyst (FA) oversees the fiscal management and provides high level financial support to the Office of University Budgets, the Office of the Vice President for Finance and Administration (VPFA) and other departments within the division. The FA prepares and monitors budgets, develops and analyzes financial reports, and presents reports to the Vice President, Interim Executive Director of Finance and Administration, Executive Director of University Budget, the Board of Trustees and other key administrators. The FA works closely with the Office of University Budgets to monitor spending trends; with other administrators during the annual audit; and with multiple areas to prepare annual reports for bond companies and other financial entities. Manages the finances of the Office of the Vice President, analyzes, interprets and communicates cost and expense variances to management.
In order to be considered for employment by Northeastern Illinois University (NEIU), you must submit the following:
- Employment Application (Original initials and signatures are required for each position applied. Electronic initials and signatures are not acceptable.)
- Statement of Annuitant Form
- Affirmative Action Form
- Cover letter
- Official transcript(s)
Above you can download and print a copy of the Employment Application and Statement of Annuitant Form. You must complete, sign and date the application and annuitant form and submit them along with official transcripts, resume and cover letter to email@example.com by the application deadline. A new application and annuitant form are required for each position applied.
If you have any questions, please email us at CS-Employment@neiu.edu. Please visit the State of Illinois University Civil Service website at for general information. NEIU Employment Services reserves the right not to consider any application on the basis of incomplete information/documents, delay in submission, and disqualifications under the rules of State Universities Civil Service System. Employment Services, however, assures that your application will be duly reviewed on the basis of the classification(s) in which you qualify and, accordingly, will inform you of their decision.
A current employment application, statement of annuitant status form, official transcript(s), resume and cover letter must be submitted by the close of business 7/15/21.
Northeastern Illinois University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and invites applications from Women, Minorities, Veterans and Persons with Disabilities, as well as Other Qualified Individuals. Northeastern Illinois University positions are contingent upon the University's receipt of its State of Illinois appropriation.