Financial Aid Adviser Coordinator
- High school graduation or equivalent
- Three years of progressively responsible general office experience, and one year of experience in working with students’ employment, student financial aid/loans, student admissions/recruitment, scholarship/grant programs or other closely related work experience, or
- 90 semester hours of college course work, and one year of experience in working with students’ employment, student financial aid/loans, student admissions/recruitment, scholarship/grant programs or other closely related work experience, or
- Any combination of work experience and education that equals four years
- Candidate must have demonstrated oral and written communication experience in Spanish and English.
- A Master’s Degree is preferred for this position
- Demonstrated experience coordinating private and institutional scholarships
Personal Attributes Needed to Undertake Job:
1. Extensive knowledge of financial aid programs and of university academic requirements and parameters
2. Ability to coordinate activities, and provide reports and assessments
3. Creative, energetic, and responsible leadership skills through a strong student centered philosophy
4. Effective interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to converse comfortably with various constituencies
5. Experience working in a culturally diverse academic environment for at least two years, as well as all students, faculty, staff, alumni, and other campus constituents
$15.70-$20.52 per hour
Monday through Friday, 11 a.m.-7 p.m. or 1-9 p.m. Some Saturdays required. (Hours may vary depending on departmental needs)
This position is primarily responsible for leading and decision making in all areas related to El Centro financial aid, students’ enrollment and registration; will regularly interface with students, and liaison with faculty, staff, senior administrators and other collaborators across NEIU and outside the University, especially will consult regularly with the staff in the Financial Aid Office, the Scholarship Office, and the Advising Office at the main campus. Informs students about general University policies and procedures related to general education inquires, prerequisites for courses, and major program requirements. Competency and fluency speaking, writing and reading in English and Spanish required and a demonstrated ability to converse comfortable with various constituencies.
In order to be considered for employment by Northeastern Illinois University (NEIU), you must submit the following:
- Employment Application (Original initials and signatures are required for each position applied. Electronic initials and signatures are not acceptable.)
- Statement of Annuitant Status (Original signatures are required for each position applied. Electronic signatures are not acceptable.)
- Cover letter
- Official transcript(s)
You can obtain an Employment Application and Statement of Annuitant Status form in the Office of Human Resources, Bernard Office Building (BOB), 5555 N. Bernard, Chicago, IL 60625, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. You may also download and print a copy of the Employment Application and Statement of Annuitant Status Form. You must complete, sign and date the application and annuitant form and submit them along with official transcripts, resume and cover letter to the Office of Human Resources by the application deadline. A new application and annuitant form are required for each position applied.
If you have any questions, please call the Office of Human Resources at 773-442-5200, or email us at CS-Employment@neiu.edu. Please visit the State Universities Civil Service System website at http://www.sucss.illinois.gov/updates.aspx for general information. NEIU Employment Services reserves the right not to consider any application on the basis of incomplete information/documents, delay in submission, and disqualifications under the rules of State Universities Civil Service System. Employment Services, however, assures that your application will be duly reviewed on the basis of the classification(s) in which you qualify and, accordingly, will inform you of their decision.
A CURRENT EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION, STATEMENT OF ANNUITANT STATUS FORM, AFFIRMATIVE ACTION FORM, RESUME AND COVER LETTER WILL BE ACCEPTED THROUGH THE CLOSE OF BUSINESS 8/5/19.
NORTHEASTERN ILLINOIS UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY / AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER AND INVITES APPLICATIONS FROM WOMEN, MINORITIES, VETERANS AND PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES, AS WELL AS OTHER QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS. NORTHEASTERN ILLINOIS UNIVERSITY’S POSITIONS ARE CONTINGENT UPON THE UNIVERSITY’S RECEIPT OF ITS STATE OF ILLINOIS APPROPRIATION.