Extension Program Coordinator
Center for College Access and Success (CCAS)
- High school graduation or GED
- Four years/48 months of responsible volunteer or professional work experience in coordinating educational and/or community programs or activities, or
- 120 semester hours or more, or
- Any combination of experience and semester hours that equals four years
(Each position requires a background check.)
((1) Bachelor's degree in related field REQUIRED;
(2) Minimum of three to five years of work experience in education, social work, or related field providing academic, social, and personal support to adolescents and/or adults required; (3) Demonstrable knowledge, experience, and commitment to the needs of students, parents, and teachers serving low-income, and immigrant and diverse populations required; (4) Experience working with collaborative processes and structures required; (5) Bilingual and bi-literate in English and Spanish if working with Spanish if working with Spanish speaking communities preferred.
$20.00 – $23.00 per hour
To Be Determined
(Hours may vary depending on departmental needs)
The Extension Program Coordinator, under the general supervision of the College Access Coordinator/Senior Program Director, supports the implementation of the GEAR UP work plan and transition of college activities at designated college campuses. This individual will facilitate, student, parent, and professional development services at University of Illinois Chicago and National Louis University campuses enhancing the ability of cohort students to persist in post-secondary by bring together resources and services to foster the acquisition of knowledge and the development of individuals and campus communities.
In order to be considered for employment by Northeastern Illinois University (NEIU), you must submit the following:
- Employment Application (Original initials and original signatures are required for each position applied. Electronic initials and electronic signatures are not acceptable.)
- Statement of Annuitant Status (Original signatures are required for each position applied. Electronic signatures are not acceptable.)
- Cover letter
- Official transcript(s)
You can obtain an Employment Application and Statement of Annuitant Status form in the Office of Human Resources, Bernard Office Building (BOB), 5555 N. Bernard, Chicago, IL 60625, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. You may also download and print a copy of the Employment Application, and Statement of Annuitant Form. You must complete, sign and date the application and annuitant form and submit them along with official transcripts, resume and cover letter to the Office of Human Resources by the application deadline. A new application and annuitant form are required for each position applied.
If you have any questions, please call the Office of Human Resources at 773-442-5200, or email us at CS-Employment@neiu.edu. Please visit the State of Illinois University Civil Service website at http://www.sucss.illinois.gov/updates.aspx for general information. NEIU Employment Services reserves the right not to consider any application on the basis of incomplete information/documents, delay in submission, and disqualifications under the rules of State Universities Civil Service System. Employment Services, however, assures that your application will be duly reviewed on the basis of the classification(s) in which you qualify and, accordingly, will inform you of their decision.
A current employment application, statement of annuitant status form, cover letter, resume, and official transcript(s) must be submitted by the close of business 12/3/18.
Northeastern Illinois University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and invites applications from Women, Minorities, Veterans and Persons with Disabilities, as well as Other Qualified Individuals. Northeastern Illinois University positions are contingent upon the University's receipt of its State of Illinois appropriation.