Northeastern Illinois University, located in Chicago, Illinois, invites applications for the position of ETL Developer Administrator, in the University Technology Services (UTS) Department.
"H-1B visa sponsorship for qualified applicants will be considered on a case-by-case basis."
This position is an integral part of the cross-functional team responsible for overseeing University information in our operational data store (ODS) and data analytics platform (Cognos) for operational, management, and strategic purposes. This position will also define and create software products, frameworks, reference architectures, and patterns and practices for implementation using the PL/SQL programming language.
- Provide data support for analytics initiatives, including extracting, combining, and potentially cleaning/standardizing data from numerous sources and source types (most notably database, spreadsheet and flat files.)
- Be the functional administrator for Ellucian Operational Data Store (ODS). Duties include set up user accounts and roles, set up parameters, schedule processes, run utilities, and maintain freeze data, resolve ODS refresh run-time errors and upgrades/patches that impact ODS.
- Provide leadership, establish protocols/processes/guidelines, and develop and administer PL/SQL packages, procedures, functions, triggers, etc., with a focus on ODS customizations. Duties include designing data warehouse/mart objects and creating and maintaining tables, views, indexes, functions, stored procedures, packages and scheduled events in Oracle using PL/SQL.
- Establish and maintain documentation with regard to ODS at NEIU which may include needs assessment and metadata (such as source-to-target mappings and data validation/cleansing rules.)
- Be the functional administrator for IBM Cognos Analytics, including such duties as: security administration; new data modeling, package development, and deployment in Framework Manager; testing of administrative functions after patches and upgrades; incorporating data from other sources into the Oracle database that houses the ODS; and providing high-level support to report developers across all areas of NEIU.
- Design and implement integrations between software platforms, programs, and Applications.
- Identify, plan, and execute integration strategies, create tools for other developers, ensure ongoing monitoring, and maintain as well as optimize software builds.
- Perform additional duties as needed.
- Requires Bachelor's degree with minimum of 6 years' experience.
- OR Master's in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field with minimum of 4 years' experience.
- Experience MUST include PL/SQL expertise, as well as data extraction and reporting with at least 4 years' experience with Cognos Report Studio (preferred) or similar data reporting tools.
- Demonstrated experience with Banner Operational Data Store, Banner Enterprise Data Warehouse, and/or Workday is highly preferred.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem analytic skills, and the ability to manage multiple assignments are essential qualities for success in this position.
- Experience in dashboard development using Tableau is a plus.
(Position requires a background check)
About Northeastern Illinois University
Northeastern Illinois University’s Main Campus is located on 67 acres in an attractive residential area on the Northwest Side of Chicago. The University offers more than 40 undergraduate degree and certificate programs and more than 50 graduate degree, certificate, licensure and endorsement programs. The University is a federally designated Hispanic-Serving Institution. It has additional locations in the metropolitan area, including the Jacob H. Carruthers Center for Inner City Studies, El Centro, Center for College Access and Success, and the University Center of Lake County.
Review of applications begins immediately and continues until the position is filled.
Applicants are expected to respond based upon the entire job description.
You must submit the following online forms (see links below) and send the remaining documents to: SrUnivAnalyticsDeveloperSearch@neiu.edu
Email: with the job title in the subject line
- A letter of interest addressing your qualifications for this position;
- Current Curriculum Vitae;
- Three (3) professional references;
- Employment Application;
- Statement of Annuitant Status; and
- Affirmative Action Form.
Copies of unofficial transcripts are accepted; however, official transcripts for all earned degrees will be required of candidates selected for final interviews.
Northeastern Illinois University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and invites applications from Women, Minorities, Veterans and Persons with Disabilities, as well as Other Qualified Individuals. Northeastern Illinois University's positions are contingent upon the University's receipt of its State of Illinois appropriation.