Northeastern Illinois University, located in Chicago, Illinois, invites applications for the position of Director of Clinical Training in the Counselor Education Department.
In this role you will
The Director of Clinical Training engages in all aspects of coordination of practicum and internship placement, training, and site operations, including the Personal Growth and Wellness Center within the Department of Counselor Education. This position serves as the primary contact for finding, developing and placing counseling students in Clinical Mental Health, Couple and Family, Rehabilitation, and School Counseling.
- An earned doctorate in Counselor Education from a CACREP-accredited program.
- Experience coordinating and managing clinical experiences of counseling students.
- Professional LCPC licensure or eligibility for licensure in the state of Illinois.
- Demonstrated experience across a variety of settings with diverse individuals.
- Demonstrated commitment to racial equity and diversity.
- Previous experience coordinating and managing the various aspects of Master's level counseling student's clinical training.
- Acquired LCPC licensure in the state of Illinois.
- Experience providing clinical supervision in an academic setting.
- Membership and involvement in professional organizations such as ACA, or ACES.
- Experience supervising and advising graduate students.
- Knowledge of CACREP-accreditation process.
- Ability and willingness to follow written and oral procedures and instructions.
- Professional communication skills and ability to relate well with students, colleagues, and other members of the university community.
(This position requires a background check.)
- Administer counseling practicum and internship sites to support the M.A. programs in the Department of Counselor Education.
- Develop new counseling practicum and internship placements.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with community agencies, private practices, hospitals, and other mental health service providers.
- In collaboration with students, coordinate practicum and internship placements.
- Address all student issues in a professional and timely manner, and in accordance with the institutional and departmental policies and procedures.
- Update all training videos and recordings to orient and train the on-site supervisors with the philosophy, objectives, competencies, organization, expectations, and requirements of the counseling program and field experiences.
- Coordinate and facilitate site supervisor orientation for each site at least one semester before practicum/internship begins.
- Manage professional standards and clinical practice of the counseling students, as well as the Personal Growth and Wellness Center.
- Conduct over-all evaluation of program's field experiences based on feedback from students, faculty, and administrators. Report findings to the department chair. Notify department chair and program advisor if updates require a dismissal of field experience site.
- Update Practicum/Internship Handbook annually and provide program advisors an updated handbook in July for the upcoming academic year.
- Perform other duties as assigned by department chair and/or associate chair.
About Northeastern Illinois University
Northeaster’s Main Campus is located on 67 acres in a residential area on the Northwest Side of Chicago with additional locations in the metropolitan area: The Jacob H. Carruthers Center for Inner City Studies and El Centro. Northeastern also is a founding member of the University Center of Lake County consortium campus in suburban Lake County, north of Chicago.
Salary & Benefits
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision benefits, sick and vacation days, and participation in the State Universities Retirement System. This is a full-time, continuing position.
Review of applications begins immediately and continues until the position is filled.
Applicants are expected to respond based upon the entire job description. You must submit the following online forms (see links below) and send the remaining documents to Dr. Shedeh Tavakoli at email@example.com with the job title in the subject line
- A letter of interest addressing your qualifications for this position;
- Current Curriculum Vitae;
- Three (3) professional references;
- Employment Application;
- Statement of Annuitant Status; and
- Affirmative Action Form.
Copies of unofficial transcripts are accepted; however, official transcripts for all earned degrees will be required of candidates selected for final interviews.
Northeastern Illinois University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and invites applications from Women, Minorities, Veterans and Persons with Disabilities, as well as Other Qualified Individuals. Northeastern Illinois University positions are contingent upon the University's receipt of its State of Illinois appropriation.