Position Title: Coordinator (TRIO Student Support Services Teacher Prep)
Department: TRIO Student Support Services
About Northeastern Illinois University
Northeastern Illinois University’s Main Campus is located on 67 acres in a residential area on the Northwest Side of Chicago. The University has three additional locations in the metropolitan area: the Jacob H. Carruthers Center for Inner City Studies, El Centro and the Center for College Access and Success. Northeastern also is a founding member of the University Center of Lake County consortium campus in suburban Lake County, north of Chicago. Regarded as the most diverse university in the Midwest, Northeastern offers more than 40 undergraduate degree and certificate programs and more than 50 graduate degree, certificate, licensure and endorsement programs.
Full Time Position
NEIU’s TRIO Student Support Services is seeking a qualified individual to coordinate supporting services for students with disabilities.
- Preferred master’s degree in education, counseling, special education, vocational rehab, psychology, student personnel or a related field, bachelor’s degree required;
- Demonstrated knowledge of academic, career and advising principles and practices;
- Experience in academic advisement in higher education or related field;
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, customer service, communication and time management skills with ability to pay attention to details and follow-through;
- Ability to teach individuals and small group instruction;
- Successful experience working with adults from diverse backgrounds, including educational, socioeconomic, culturally ethnic, and physical and/or learning disabilities;
- Strong verbal and written communication;
- Previous experience working on a federally funded program preferred; and
- Software skills including Word, Excel, Access, and student database systems.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, implement and evaluate tracking system for enrollment/academic progress;
- Conduct on-going assessment and review, and oversee the progress of enrollment goals;
- Serve as academic advisor for program participants; Coordinate Tutoring/Mentoring/Coaching, including, recruitment, hiring, training, and supervision;
- Assist with the coordination of developmental education (Math, English or Reading) for program participants and exam preparation;
- Assist directors in the writing of reports, evaluations, and budgets;
- Collect and maintain participant records;
In order to be considered for this position, you must submit the following and send all documents within one PDF/Word document to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state subject as TRIO SSS Teacher Prep Coordinator Job Position.
- A letter of interest addressing your qualifications for this position
- Current Resume
- Three (3) current references
- Employment Application (required for each position applied)
- Statement of Annuitant Status (required for each position applied)
- Official Transcript(s)
(This position requires a background check.)
Employment Applications and Statement of Annuitant Status forms are also available at: Northeastern Illinois University Office of Human Resources Bernard Office Building 5555 N. Bernard Chicago, IL 60625. We are open Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Employment Services reserves the right not to consider any application on the basis of:
- Incomplete information/documents
- Delay in submission
- Not meeting minimal qualifications Be assured, your application will be reviewed on the basis of the position(s) in which you qualify and we will inform you of our decision.
Review of applications begins immediately and continues until the position is filled.
Northeastern Illinois University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and invites applications from Women, Minorities, Veterans and Persons with Disabilities, as well as Other Qualified Individuals. Northeastern Illinois University's positions are contingent upon the University's receipt of its State of Illinois appropriation.