Northeastern Illinois University, located in Chicago, Illinois, invites applications for the position of Coordinator of Research Compliance and Grants Services in the Office of Research and Sponsored Projects Department.
In this role you will
The Coordinator is in regular contact with members of the Institutional Review Boards (IRB) committee and with grant writers, providing policy guidance on relevant issues. The duties include Institutional Review Board coordination, compliance coordination, and grants support.
Bachelor's degree is required. One or more years of experience with Institutional Review Boards (whether from serving on an IRB or from conducting human subjects research) and exposure to a variety of human subjects research methodologies is preferred. A minimum of two years of experience related to grant and contract services is preferred. Knowledge of and ability to work with a variety of computer applications including Microsoft Office, Excel, electronic research compliance management system(s) or similar applications required. The successful candidate will understand university-wide policies, policies of federal, state and local governments, funding sources for a wide variety of program needs across the university, and be able to respond professionally to a variety of reporting requirements.
Master's degree preferred, CIP (Certified IRB Professional) eligible.
(This position requires a background check.)
Northeastern Illinois University's Human Subjects Committee
- Organizes the IRB process at Northeastern.
- Reviews with the IRB Chair all IRB applications earmarked for limited review.
- Organizes complex reviews of student research.
- Plans and conducts campus training workshops with the IRB Chair.
- Assists investigators with the IRB application process, responds to questions and prepares review comments and approval letters.
- Researches and learns about common practices of IRB.
- Assists with updating of the IRB documents.
- Works with the IRB Committee and Director of ORSP, drafts university-wide policies and procedures related to human subjects research.
- Collaborates with the IRB Committee and Director of ORSP on IRB assessment and professional development.
- Monitors internal grant compliance.
- Develops and maintains all departmental databases.
- Interprets university and external agency policies relative to grant and contract administration with the Director of ORSP.
- Develops all ORSP internal and external agency reports.
- Establishes input for the office staff to maintain grant data on Banner.
- Supports all aspects of electronic grant administration including submission of proposals and reports.
- Assists staff and faculty in the identification and preparation of proposals to public and private agencies with the Director of ORSP.
- Supports ORSP staff and faculty in funding searches.
About Northeastern Illinois University
Northeaster’s Main Campus is located on 67 acres in a residential area on the Northwest Side of Chicago with additional locations in the metropolitan area: The Jacob H. Carruthers Center for Inner City Studies and El Centro. Northeastern also is a founding member of the University Center of Lake County consortium campus in suburban Lake County, north of Chicago.
Salary & Benefits
The annual salary for this position is $60,000. Comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision benefits, sick and vacation days, and participation in the State Universities Retirement System. This is a full-time, continuing position.
Review of applications begins immediately and continues until September 30, 2022.
Applicants are expected to respond based upon the entire job description. You must submit the following online forms (see links below) and send the remaining documents to CGSRsearch@neiu.edu with the job title in the subject line.
- A letter of interest addressing your qualifications for this position;
- Current Curriculum Vitae;
- Three (3) professional references;
- Employment Application;
- Statement of Annuitant Status; and
- Affirmative Action Form.
Copies of unofficial transcripts are accepted; however, official transcripts for all earned degrees will be required of candidates selected for final interviews.
Northeastern Illinois University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and invites applications from Women, Minorities, Veterans and Persons with Disabilities, as well as Other Qualified Individuals. Northeastern Illinois University positions are contingent upon the University's receipt of its State of Illinois appropriation.