Center for College Access and Success (CCAS)
(Each position requires a background check.)
- One year experience in work related to the job to be performed
- High School diploma preferred
- Five plus years’ experience training Mexican folkloric
- One-experience working as a Folkloric Coordinator/parent volunteer/Educational opportunity staff member with preference given to those with experience at District 201 and Southside CPS
- Sensitivity and commitment to the needs of schools serving low income families
- Good communications and interpersonal skills
$16.00 per hour
To Be Determined
(Hours may vary depending on departmental needs)
This position provides general assistance and support in various capacities to various functions of a program which may include facilitating workshops for staff and program participants, recruiting parents, participating in needs assessments, and preparing public relations materials.
In order to be considered for employment by Northeastern Illinois University (NEIU), you must submit the following:
- Employment Application (Original initials and original signatures are required for each position applied. Electronic initials and electronic signatures are not acceptable.)
- Statement of Annuitant Status (Original signatures are required for each position applied. Electronic signatures are not acceptable.)
- Cover letter
- Official transcript(s)
You can obtain an Employment Application and Statement of Annuitant Status form in the Office of Human Resources, Bernard Office Building (BOB), 5555 N. Bernard, Chicago, IL 60625, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. You may also download and print a copy of the Employment Application and Statement of Annuitant Form. You must complete, sign and date the application and annuitant form and submit them along with official transcripts, resume and cover letter to the Office of Human Resources by the application deadline. A new application and annuitant form are required for each position applied.
If you have any questions, please call the Office of Human Resources at 773-442-5200, or email us at CS-Employment@neiu.edu. Please visit the State of Illinois University Civil Service website at http://www.sucss.illinois.gov/updates.aspx for general information. NEIU Employment Services reserves the right not to consider any application on the basis of incomplete information/documents, delay in submission, and disqualifications under the rules of State Universities Civil Service System. Employment Services, however, assures that your application will be duly reviewed on the basis of the classification(s) in which you qualify and, accordingly, will inform you of their decision.
A current application, statement of annuitant status form, official transcript(s), resume and cover letter must be submitted by the close of business 1/8/2019.
NORTHEASTERN ILLINOIS UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY / AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER AND INVITES APPLICATIONS FROM WOMEN, MINORITIES, VETERANS AND PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES, AS WELL AS OTHER QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS. NORTHEASTERN ILLINOIS UNIVERSITY’S POSITIONS ARE CONTINGENT UPON THE UNIVERSITY’S RECEIPT OF ITS STATE OF ILLINOIS APPROPRIATION.