In this role you will
Under the direction from Cashier Manager, the Cashier I works within the university Bursar Office. Responsibilities include accounting for and processing deposits received in person or by mail.
To be successful in this role, qualified applicants will have
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AS OUTLINED IN THE CLASSIFICATION SPECIFICATION; CREDENTIALS TO BE VERIFIED BY PLACEMENT OFFICER
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Receives payments for tuition and fees, miscellaneous items such as parking receipts, club receipts, application fees, etc. Verifies amounts due against payment offered and makes change when warranted, and issues receipts. Utilizes credit card machine to process card payments (Visa, Mastercard, and Discover) when offered.
- Balance Banner and Miscellaneous daily, compare cashier, checks and credit card payments with computer listings. Prepare deposits for review by Cashier Manager to be sent to bank via Brinks. Train new personnel in Student Payment Services.
- Serves as public-relations contact, provides information and assists with solving problems in person as well as over the phone. Counting coin with coin counter and rolling coins.
- Other miscellaneous duties include opening and sorting mail and drop box payments, maintaining files, supervising student workers in absence of Cashier Manager. Performs duties of Cashier manager in their absence. Support other departmental functions and internal committees as appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned
(This position requires a background check.)
Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (Hours may vary depending on departmental needs)
In order to be considered for employment by Northeastern Illinois University (NEIU), you must submit the following:
- Employment Application (Original initials and signatures are required for each position applied. Electronic initials and signatures are not acceptable.)
- Affirmative Action Form
- Cover letter
If you have any questions, please email us at CS-Employment@neiu.edu.
Please visit the State of Illinois University Civil Service website for general information. NEIU Employment Services reserves the right not to consider any application on the basis of incomplete information/documents, delay in submission, and disqualifications under the rules of State Universities Civil Service System. Employment Services, however, assures that your application will be duly reviewed on the basis of the classification(s) in which you qualify and, accordingly, will inform you of their decision.
A current application, affirmative action form, statement of annuitant status form, official transcript(s), resume and cover letter must be submitted by the close of business September 27, 2022
Northeastern Illinois University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and invites applications from Women, Minorities, Veterans and Persons with Disabilities, as well as Other Qualified Individuals. Northeastern Illinois University positions are contingent upon the University's receipt of its State of Illinois appropriation.