Position: Case Manager
Department: Student Counseling Services
Northeastern Illinois University (NEIU) invites applications for a Case Manager in Student Counseling Services.
Full Time, Continuing Position
About Northeastern Illinois University:
Regarded as the most diverse four-year public university in the Midwest, Northeastern Illinois University offers more than 40 undergraduate degree and certificate programs and more than 50 graduate degree, certificate, licensure and endorsement programs. Northeastern’s Main Campus is located on 67 acres in a residential area on the Northwest Side of Chicago. The University has three additional locations in the metropolitan area: the Jacob H. Carruthers Center for Inner City Studies, El Centro, and the Center for College Access and Success. For more information, visit us at www.neiu.edu.
About Student Affairs:
The Division of Student Affairs at Northeastern Illinois University actively supports and engages its diverse community of learners through excellent programs and services that enhance students’ personal development, leadership skills, and intercultural competencies to engage in a dynamic global society. The Division of Student Affairs embraces the University’s core values and contributes to student success through holistic support, experiential learning, civic leadership, and social justice.
Under the direction of the Director of Student Counseling Services, the Case Manager assists with coordinating case management and referral services offered by the department. The Case Manager provides some psychological services to NEIU students (initial appointments, crisis intervention and response, individual therapy); provides supervision and training to paraprofessional staff and pre-doctoral trainees; and works with other departmental staff to address emerging issues facing the department. This position may also include some weekly travel to one or more of our additional campus locations within Chicago that predominantly serve Latinx and African American students.
- The successful candidate must possess a Master’s degree in social work, counseling, psychology, or a related field.
- Licensed or license-eligible as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor, or Clinical Psychologist in the State of Illinois, to be fully licensed within 1 year.
- Experience providing college counseling in a diverse, multicultural setting.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Two (2) or more years post-licensure.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English).
- Experience supervising others.
- Previous experience working in a college counseling center environment.
- Skill in initiating professional liaison relationships with external healthcare providers.
Salary for the position is competitive and commensurate with experience. Comprehensive benefits package includes health, dental and vision benefits, sick and vacation days, and participation in the State Universities Retirement System.
(This position requires a background check.)
In order to be considered for this position, you must submit the following and send all documents within one PDF/Word document to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or by mail to:
Screening Committee Chair
Northeastern Illinois University
Student Counseling Services
5500 North St. Louis Avenue
Chicago, IL 60625
- A letter of interest addressing your qualifications for this position
- Current Resume
- Three (3) current references
- Employment Application (required for each position applied)
- Statement of Annuitant Status (required for each position applied)
- Affirmative Action Form
- Copies of unofficial transcripts are accepted; however, official transcripts will be required of candidates selected for on-campus interviews
Employment Applications, Affirmative Action Form and Statement of Annuitant Status forms are also available at:
Northeastern Illinois University
Office of Human Resources
Bernard Office Building
5555 N. Bernard
Chicago, IL 60625
Office Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Phone: (773) 442-5200
Employment Services reserves the right not to consider any application on the basis of:
- Incomplete information/documents
- Delay in submission
- Not meeting minimal qualifications
Be assured, your application will be reviewed on the basis of the position(s) in which you qualify and we will inform you of our decision.
Review of applications begins July 23, 2021 and continues until the position is filled.
NEIU values the inclusion of a broad spectrum of students, staff, and faculty in the life of the University. We celebrate and foster global perspectives. We encourage the open and respectful expression of ideas and differences in thoughts, experiences, and opinions.
Northeastern Illinois University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and invites applications from Women, Minorities, Veterans and Persons with Disabilities, as well as Other Qualified Individuals. Northeastern Illinois University's positions are contingent upon the University's receipt of its State of Illinois appropriation.