Business Administrative Associate
Center for Teaching and Learning
In this role you will
The Business Administrative Associate provides support to the center for Teaching and Learning (CTL) in the coordination of faculty development and CTL programming, handles budgetary forms and processes, manages the office and its inventory and contributes to a positive and collaborative working environment. Performs a wide variety of administrative duties. Stays current with the activities of the CTL and expedites necessary actions. Requires extensive knowledge of the organization, policies and procedures of CTL, Academic Affairs and the University.
To be successful in this role, qualified applicants will have
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AS OUTLINED IN THE CLASSIFICATION SPECIFICATION; CREDENTIALS TO BE VERIFIED BY PLACEMENT OFFICER
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, management, or a field related to the position.
- Two (2) years of professional business, financial, and/or managerial work experience.
(NOTE: A Master’s Degree in an area consistent with the duties of the position may be substituted for one (1) year (12 months) of work experience.)
- Based on position requirements, additional education, training, and/or work experience in an area of specialization inherent to the position may be required.
- Supports the coordination of faculty development and orientation sessions, materials and calendar invites. Attends staff meetings. Acts as CTL liaison in communication with other office agencies, departments/unit, college regarding CTL initiatives. Assists with maintenance of CTL staff calendars, upon request. Coordinates with key control area card access. Manage reservations for conference room (LIB 310) via 25Live and shared CTL calendar. Coordinates clerical functions when assigned. Books rooms and orders refreshments for faculty orientations, workshops and other events. Works with CTL Executive Director and Coordinator to update or revise excel files for CTL online courses and other offerings, as needed. Pull data and create reports on enrollment in various CTL events from google forms or excel sheets. Checks CTL email regularly to ensure 48-hour turn-around with the appropriate CTL staff.
- Serves as the fiscal agent for the Center for Teaching and Learning. Monitor unit budget. Participates in day-to-day fiscal decisions as related to purchasing and
- ordering supplies. Maintains files for departmental accounts payable vouchers, direct payment vouchers, printing services and requisition for expenditure forms. Adhere to the most current University rules and regulations for purchasing and interface with University Purchasing, Procurement and other relevant areas. Maintain annual budget documents. Prepares and tracks pre approval forms and lump sum payment forms for special initiatives that support CTL goals. Monitors and works with Executive Director to keep abreast of renewals for software, licenses such as but not limited to Proctorio, Turnitin, Faculty Success Module, D2L, Screencast-o-matic, and TK20. Responsible for the retention and security of essential, operational, fiscal and other records/reports.
- Monitors, updates and makes arrangements for removal of CTL inventory, shredding or recycling of old paperwork Signs out CTL laptops or other equipment, as needed, to faculty. Organizes CTL supplies, equipment and space as requested by the CTL Executive Director.
- Works with CTL staff to support the CTL web page. Updates NEIU Academic Catalog in consultation with the CTL Executive Director. Compose correspondence and other documents in a variety of subject areas for members of the CTL. Attends committee meetings upon request. Coordinates travel arrangements as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
(This position requires a background check.)
Comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision benefits, sick and vacation days, and participation in the State Universities Retirement System. This is a full-time, continuing position.
Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (Hours may vary depending on departmental needs)
In order to be considered for employment by Northeastern Illinois University (NEIU), you must submit the following:
- Employment Application (Original initials and signatures are required for each position applied. Electronic initials and signatures are not acceptable.)
- Affirmative Action Form
- Cover letter
- Official transcript(s)
If you have any questions, please email us at CS-Employment@neiu.edu
Please visit the State of Illinois University Civil Service website for general information. NEIU Employment Services reserves the right not to consider any application on the basis of incomplete information/documents, delay in submission, and disqualifications under the rules of State Universities Civil Service System. Employment Services, however, assures that your application will be duly reviewed on the basis of the classification(s) in which you qualify and, accordingly, will inform you of their decision.
Application Deadline: A current application, affirmative action form, statement of annuitant status form, official transcript(s), resume and cover letter must be submitted by the close of business 9/1/2022
Northeastern Illinois University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and invites applications from Women, Minorities, Veterans and Persons with Disabilities, as well as Other Qualified Individuals. Northeastern Illinois University positions are contingent upon the University's receipt of its State of Illinois appropriation.